By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 25 (2008), MGS4 second week, more GTA 4, Wii fit, ....

lombard2578 said:

For the multiplication, it depend of the game. Two weeks ago DBZ burst limit bomb in UK. But the game has not bombed in France, Italy, and Spain. So it's not as simple as that.

For this week, top spin 3 has bomb in UK. But, i'm sure the game will not bomb in France. Even with the top 5, we will see top spin 3 in France.

Two weeks ago, Lego indiana jones was great in UK. But this game has bombed in France. (we have only a top 5 for this week), so no multiplication for games, to estimate numbers from UK to others, because it depend of the game.

I agree, tastes vary so widely between different European countries that you can't just extrapolate UK sales across the whole of Europe.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

If you compare them to the top DS games, you might as well call those legs stubbies.

Brain Training outsold all those games combined and then some, and it only sold 33k in the first week.

But why would I compare it to top DS games ? If we compare SMG to BT it still looks lame in comparison , doesnt it ? So why would I compare some better PSP title to the best selling DS title ? What is the logic in that ? You wanted to see if PSP games have legs , I think I showed you a pretty good proof ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

talkingparrot said:
BKK2 said:
Neos said:
shanbcn said:
Chrizum said:
Wow, Alone in the Dark for Wii didn't even chart... Major flop confirmed?

And then they blame 3rd parties for not supporting Wii. Now wonder Konami will not even bother puting PES on Wii.

also, very high drop for MGS4. Really bad.

Actually, it's better than I expected. Halo 3 dropped 79% second week, and GTA IV dropped 77%. MGS4 only dropping 59% isn't too bad considering that it probably appeals to casuals less than the forementioned games. I thought it would be somewhere around 80% drop off.

Very true.  360 fanboys gloat at the current sale levels, but we have to be realistic, if it sold the way they mock it for not selling, it would have have a life time sales of 10 million, and that is not happening.  So far - on a week by week- shot (which I would like to reiterate is a very finicky assesment of potential life long sales)- the game is going in line to sell 4 million world wide this year.

The real question will be next month.  With Sony loading up more bundled consoles - could potential owners still be holding out for more bundles.  Perhaps 4 million worldwide is a bit conservative if this is the case.

So, if someone notices the big drop ( i don't wanna count the Japanese drop cause either way the Japanese market is a little weird nowadays) of MGS4, automatically this turns him into a 360 fanboy.

Congratulations. Your 13th post IS REPORTED! I don't do such staff, but with guys like you,it is almost  impossible to keep a debate in a civilized level of quality

@BKK2, Ahhhh, the percentages... Can you please tell us the first week numbers of Halo 3 and GTA 4?

it seems lego indiana is showing its legs

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@epien: I think BKK won't mind if I answer for him.
GTA IV (X360) - 514k
GTAIV (PS3) - 413k
Halo 3 (X360) - 411k

Around the Network

Denmark added:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/dk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=310001

MGS4 rank 5.

CCFF7 really bad in Denmark: only rank 9 in the psp top:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/dk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=310006

hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:

If you compare them to the top DS games, you might as well call those legs stubbies.

Brain Training outsold all those games combined and then some, and it only sold 33k in the first week.

But why would I compare it to top DS games ? If we compare SMG to BT it still looks lame in comparison , doesnt it ? So why would I compare some better PSP title to the best selling DS title ? What is the logic in that ? You wanted to see if PSP games have legs , I think I showed you a pretty good proof ;)

Comparing the best with the best is completely fair. Some of the PSP games have done ok, but not very good for top selling games.

The jury is still out on the legs of many of the Wii games, there is more than SMG like M&S, Wii Fit, MK, etc. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.

The fact of the matter is you list did little to prove anything other than a handful of games sold ok, but nothing to write home about. That is not really evidence that non-charting PSP titles add up to impressive sales.

FishyJoe said:
hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:

Comparing the best with the best is completely fair. Some of the PSP games have done ok, but not very good for top selling games.

The jury is still out on the legs of many of the Wii games, there is more than SMG like M&S, Wii Fit, MK, etc. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.

The fact of the matter is you list did little to prove anything other than a handful of games sold ok, but nothing to write home about. That is not really evidence that non-charting PSP titles add up to impressive sales.

First of all those arent the best ... MHF and GTA games are the best ;)

I never sayed that every single game has impressive sales ( ex : Dead Head Fred , D&D : T , Crush etc. ) but most games do make a profit , and every single game that I enlisted made a profit , especially because PSP development went down . It was ~ 500k/game at the end of 06 ... since then technology had evolved , and development kits went down in price first with 20% and then with 50% ... so yeah .

Even if they make/full priced games only 10$ they till make a million on 100k sold games ... thats not bad if you ask me , and Im shure that the majority PSP games do make at some point some profit ;)

Also , pointing out that CC sold 54% of all full priced games is not much . When did you walked in a store and watched the PSP section . Even here , where we pay usually 2x price at least half games are in the 20-30 Euros ... so yeah , full-priced games ( 40 EU ) arent the majority of games ;)

lombard2578 said:

Denmark added:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/dk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=310001

MGS4 rank 5.

CCFF7 really bad in Denmark: only rank 9 in the psp top:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/dk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=310006

MGS4 isn't performing in Denmark. Maybe Konami should have used Nordisk Film as the distributor instead of PAN vision. Nordisk Film seem to do a good job with Sony's first party games. I don't think it should be a supply problem, Konami made sure there were plenty of copies available for Europe.

Well Denmark is not a huge teritory ... lets hope thet CC will have some legs similar to RS :?