By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 25 (2008), MGS4 second week, more GTA 4, Wii fit, ....

Here's my estimated numbers for this week:

BKK's Estimated Top 40 Numbers:

01 [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (50k)
02 [WII] Wii Play (21k)
03 [360] Alone In The Dark (19k)
04 [WII] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (18k)
05 [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (18k)
06 [NDS] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (17k)
07 [PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy Vii (16k)
08 [WII] Mario Kart Wii (15k)
09 [PS2] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (14k)
10 [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (12k)
11 [360] Grand Theft Auto Iv (11k)
12 [PS3] Grand Theft Auto Iv (11k)
13 [WII] Sports Island (10k)
14 [360] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (10k)
15 [PS3] Race Driver: Grid (9k)
16 [360] Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (9k)
17 [360] Race Driver: Grid (8k)
18 [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (8k)
19 [NDS] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? (8k)
20 [PS3] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (8k)
21 [NDS] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (8k)
22 [360] Ninja Gaiden Ii (7k)
23 [WII] Game Party (7k)
24 [PSP] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (7k)
25 [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (7k)
26 [WII] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (7k)
27 [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (7k)
28 [PS3] Top Spin 3 (7k)
29 [WII] Wii Fit (6k)
30 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (6k)
31 [NDS] Mario Kart Ds (6k)
32 [360] Top Spin 3 (6k)
33 [PS3] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (6k)
34 [360] Don King Presents: Prizefighter (5k)
35 [PS3] Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (5k)
36 [NDS] Imagine: Babies (5k)
37 [WII] Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (5k)
38 [360] Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (5k)
39 [WII] Sonic And The Secret Rings (5k)
40 [NDS] 42 All-time Classics (5k)

Basically I've just used what numbers we have from Chart-Track, and then found which numbers fit both the individual format chart and the all format chart. I think they should be reasonably good ballpark estimates. These are estimated for 100% of the market.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
johnsobas said:
FF:CC accounts for 54% of all PSP software and debuts at #7, that sounds very bad.

I remember when certain people were telling me that untracked PSP titles added up to some huge number. This statistic does not support that theory.

Who was that guy ?

But you do forget a couple of things : UK=/=Others , and PSP games ararely have big debute week in others . Just to give a couple of examples :

Patapon : first week 7k , now already at 180k (x25)

Pro Evo Soccer : first week 53k , now already at 480k(x9)

Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd : first week 16k , now already at 230k(x14)

NFS : Prostreet ( whit a late and bad quality release ) : first week 8k , now already at 110k(x13)

Fifa 08 : first week 40k , now already at 760k(x19)

The Simpsons Game : first week 11k , now already at 330k(x30)

The golden compass : first week 13k , now already at 170k(x13)

SW Battlefront : RS : first week 9k , now already at 390k(x43)

As you can see plenty of games prooved that they can have some pretty impressive legs in Others . The legs are small in size ( 1-5k ) but extremly lengthy ... I ould give more but I dont have time , and the Others charts are extremly badly represented ;) But I think these are enough examples for quality legs :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:
johnsobas said:
FF:CC accounts for 54% of all PSP software and debuts at #7, that sounds very bad.

I remember when certain people were telling me that untracked PSP titles added up to some huge number. This statistic does not support that theory.

Who was that guy ?

But you do forget a couple of things : UK=/=Others , and PSP games ararely have big debute week in others . Just to give a couple of examples :

Patapon : first week 7k , now already at 180k (x25)

Pro Evo Soccer : first week 53k , now already at 480k(x9)

Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd : first week 16k , now already at 230k(x14)

NFS : Prostreet ( whit a late and bad quality release ) : first week 8k , now already at 110k(x13)

Fifa 08 : first week 40k , now already at 760k(x19)

The Simpsons Game : first week 11k , now already at 330k(x30)

The golden compass : first week 13k , now already at 170k(x13)

SW Battlefront : RS : first week 9k , now already at 390k(x43)

As you can see plenty of games prooved that they can have some pretty impressive legs in Others . The legs are small in size ( 1-5k ) but extremly lengthy ... I ould give more but I dont have time , and the Others charts are extremly badly represented ;) But I think these are enough examples for quality legs :D

Wow the legs of PSP games in others are insane.

If you compare them to the top DS games, you might as well call those legs stubbies.

Brain Training outsold all those games combined and then some, and it only sold 33k in the first week.

BKK2 said:

02 [WII] Wii Play (21k)

Basically I've just used what numbers we have from Chart-Track, and then found which numbers fit both the individual format chart and the all format chart. I think they should be reasonably good ballpark estimates. These are estimated for 100% of the market.

These are estimates for UK rite?

How much u multiply these numbers with to get the EU/Others total?

x5 for the PS3? So for MGS4 5x50=250K rufly?

For the X360 I reckon it's rufly x3, which would mean for Alone in the Dark: 3x19K ~ 60K first week sales in EU/others.

The UK has 20% of the NA installed base X360 consoles. So 19K Alone in Dark in UK would translate into rufly 95K in NA first week. That would be awesome, and a lot more than I expected. I predicted 75K NA 1st week, before the bad reviews came in.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
BKK2 said:

02 [WII] Wii Play (21k)

These are estimates for UK rite?

How much u multiply these numbers with to get the EU/Others total?

x5 for the PS3? So for MGS4 5x50=250K rufly?

For the X360 I reckon it's rufly x3, which would mean for Alone in the Dark: 3x19K ~ 60K first week sales in EU/others.

The UK has 20% of the NA installed base X360 consoles. So 19K Alone in Dark in UK would translate into rufly 95K in NA first week. That would be awesome, and a lot more than I expected. I predicted 75K NA 1st week, before the bad reviews came in.

Well 50k for MGS4 is confirmed and the rest are estimates.

Going simply by userbase numbers should be multiplied by around 4.5 for PS3 and 3 for X360. However most of the times real multiplies are lower.
This may be due to piracy (probably more common in Other Europe and Others than in UK) and fact that UK is probably more front-loaded (I have no proof for this but ioi himself said that).

For example MGS4 multiplier for last week was 3.5, for NG2 debut week it was around 2.

For the multiplication, it depend of the game. Two weeks ago DBZ burst limit bomb in UK. But the game has not bombed in France, Italy, and Spain. So it's not as simple as that.

For this week, top spin 3 has bomb in UK. But, i'm sure the game will not bomb in France. Even with the top 5, we will see top spin 3 in France.

Two weeks ago, Lego indiana jones was great in UK. But this game has bombed in France. (we have only a top 5 for this week), so no multiplication for games, to estimate numbers from UK to others, because it depend of the game.

Go Snake! Sex Spain!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

the PSP is region-free, so I think most FFVII fans already have a US version of CC, just like myself and two friends of mine already have the US version since it's release in America, plus PSP software sales are very bad tracked in Europe

''Hadouken!''