By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan

mario sluggers didnt do too good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Why do you want now legs in japan ?

Japanese market was always a compulsive and front-loaded market.The "legs" that seems to excite you so much are only because casual ,and crappy ,games that are sold to most of the new casual buyers of the machine.Once the machine doesnt sell so much ,many of those 2-3 year old games dont sell as much anymore.

Do you maybe believe that having 5-10 3 year old games with "OMFG awesome legs!!"" running the charts is the epitome of gaming health ?

Who are you actually talking to?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

bigjon said:
When the PSP has a game that can stay in the top 50 for more than 2 months not named monster hunter call me back. Its nice it can get 50k first days sales, now only if it could get more than 150k lifetime...

This statement also apply to most of the third party DS games that are not remakes of FF and DQ series.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

hanafuda said:
^

4x?

I doubt it. The Super Robot games have pretty good legs themselves.

Family Baseball has had poor reviews, and there is already plenty of competition out there for baseball games.

It may sell more in the end, but I doubt even 2x what Super Robot sells. Expect Mario Strikers Charged type results.

@hanafuda,

He has no idea what "super robot war" is, let alone how popoular this series is in Japan.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Well since most of you are asking me to predict about this weeks sales for the PS3 in japan, then I will be happy to give you my predictions =D

MGS4: 80-170k SW
PS3:40-80k HW

I predict a sharp decline for MGS4, possibly under 100k, and that PS3 hardware will drop slightly, or sharply, I do expect it to outsell the wii in japan this week, but there is a 50 50 chance.

I hope MGS4 does well though it deserves it, and I hope it gets to 2 million WW next week.

mM
Around the Network

Makes me wonder how much Tears To Tiara will sell...

konnichiwa said:

god, a game named after my ex can never sell well

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
konnichiwa said:

god, a game named after my ex can never sell well

=p  Well I think you are right but it looks ok....

Neos said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Why do you want now legs in japan ?

Japanese market was always a compulsive and front-loaded market.The "legs" that seems to excite you so much are only because casual ,and crappy ,games that are sold to most of the new casual buyers of the machine.Once the machine doesnt sell so much ,many of those 2-3 year old games dont sell as much anymore.

Do you maybe believe that having 5-10 3 year old games with "OMFG awesome legs!!"" running the charts is the epitome of gaming health ?

Who are you actually talking to?

My bet would be bigjon ...

Anyways , shipments of SRW are at 110k , so It didnt do as badly as I thaught :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

darthdevidem01 said:
PSP is slowly taking over SW wise now....after the HW takeover.

We have never seen anything like this before

That's the most generic and ironic statement I've ever read for a slight turnaround for a console in Japan and a decent couple of months for software sales. Lets not blow these footnotes out of proportion because we're bored. False and over-exaggerated excitement make me physically ill.

Grr, I mean, "We have never seen anything like this before" where have you been bro? Didn't the Wii do this to the american market, or the DS do it before the PSP, or the PS2 before that? Haven't seen seen something as good, equal, better, or the exact same as this small fluctuation every week for the last 10 freakin' years?

How in gods name did you come up with "We have never seen anything like this before" tell me please. Were you just typing and that's what came out, or what? It's like something I would type on a term paper, for filler, but it's so bad that I would have to re-write it.

I HAVE to know the motivation behind that sentence. Explain it to me. How did its formation come about? How did it form in your head before you wrote it. Tell me, I'm genuinely asking, please, I have to know. It's more frusterating than "If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.