By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

Arcturus said:
FishyJoe said:
frybread said:
Wii is in stock everywhere in North America. Anyone who says it's out of stock is a Nintendo fanboy trying to hide lackluster sales.

Right...

http://wiitracker.com/

How does that site collect its data? Does it just show stock from online retailers?

It appers its just online deals that are listed, i've also looked at some of the other stuff they track and not all the sites have what this site says they do.

Around the Network

Last Saturday I checked pretty much every store that sells electronics in Saskatoon, SK for a MGS4 PS3 bundle. There wasn't a single one in the city, but ironically enough there were Wiis all over the place. These were the first I've seen on the shelves since I got mine in Jan/07, but then again I haven't been looking very hard for them.

A couple places had Wii Fit lying around too.

you guys are trying to make it sound as wii is turning in too a fad,but it isnt sorry,you'll see when they ship big some week when it will sell around 300k in america then i would like to hear your exuses

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
you guys are trying to make it sound as wii is turning in too a fad,but it isnt sorry,you'll see when they ship big some week when it will sell around 300k in america then i would like to hear your exuses

Turning into a fad because it's in stock?

Arcturus said:
brute said:

well they trying to say that people arent buying it as much

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Yeh, they are always in stock in the UK, atleast in London. Wii fit isn't though.

MGS4!

I remember when Kwaad was trying to convince everyone that he was able to find Wii's. It was a signal that demand was falling and that Wii sales would slow.

That was well over a year ago.

Here we are a year later and still people are doing the same thing. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Nope, all sound out, as is Mario Kart Wii. The Wii has been out for, what, 18 months? This is ridiculous.

brute said:
Arcturus said:
brute said:

well they trying to say that people arent buying it as much

I don't think anyone is saying people are not buying it as much, people are just saying they are seeing them instock.  Some locations have wii's and some don't.  I would imagine this is a good thing since people who want the wii are able to find it without as much work as before.

You might also see sales drop this summer compared to what they have been. The wii is more of a family console and most family's will be going to the cottage and going on family trips during the summer months. Or could you see console sales rise due the fact that gas is so expensive so its hard for family' to take trips and they may stay home. But the 600k a month increase for july may come at the perfect time.