By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

none since i went to buy wii fit.. but i've hardly had a chance to go, this uni semester has been fairly hectic

Around the Network
Griffin said:
You might also see sales drop this summer compared to what they have been. The wii is more of a family console and most family's will be going to the cottage and going on family trips during the summer months. Or could you see console sales rise due the fact that gas is so expensive so its hard for family' to take trips and they may stay home. But the 600k a month increase for july may come at the perfect time.

yes, and the families that cannot afford that will get a Wii...

or parent who have 3 kids around the house with suddenly nothing to do may be force to buy a Wii... lest go mad as their kids take out their boredom on each other.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

11ht11 said:
well i went to costco yesterday and theres was no wii,'s or ps3's, but there was a big stack of 360's.

the same goes for other stores i go to, target was the same too

The Costco by me has about 20 Halo 3 SE 360's collecting dust, no regular 360's, no wii's and a few ps3's. I do notice that the ps3's are moving.

Wii, lol. Who cares?

Wii, lol. Who cares?

Around the Network

The Wal-Mart near where I work has Wii-Fits and Wii's constantly (other than the first night Wii Fit came out)... Charleston, WV

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Well I think Wiis have been in stock since day one here. New Zealand doesn't really like Nintendo. In fact NZ doesn't really like gaming at all.

Was in a mediamarkt yesterday. Wii were there and even 6 Wii fit were lying around. But all in all I get the  impression that Nintendo likes being in short supply. Makes their products more interesting.

In Germany you can find Wiis everywhere, over the last weeks PS3 was harder to find in my Opinion. Last time at Saturn or Media Markt there were about 20-30 Wiis and about 10 Wii Fits but only 5 poor PS3s. I just saw two guys both buying a GT5 Bundle.

Roy03 said:

In Germany you can find Wiis everywhere, over the last weeks PS3 was harder to find in my Opinion. Last time at Saturn or Media Markt there were about 20-30 Wiis and about 10 Wii Fits but only 5 poor PS3s. I just saw two guys both buying a GT5 Bundle.

20-30 wii's and 10 wii fits thats just crazy. Nintendo really needs to find out what retailers are stocking large amonts of the system and wii fit so they can better supply areas in need of the systems and games.