By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

Soriku said:
Griffin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:

After so few wii's were sold this week in NA i want to know are wii's in stock where you live, there could be massive shipment this week and it would be nice to see if its true, before we get our data from ioi for this week. If you happen to see some wii's in the wild in NA please list how many you saw and what stores and what part of NA you live in.

I was at a Blockbuster, Rogers video, HMV and a ebgames yesterday and each store had 2-4 wii's in stock, i live just east of Toronto, Canada.

Also, how many Wii's are you classifying as "so few?"

I think a week like we just had is few, in comparison to its average weeks.

What is an "average" week for the Wii?

I just looked and the year average for NA is 146k.  For the week starting April5th the average is 176k.  For the week starting may3 the average is 196k, but for the last two weeks(june) the average is 123k.  May saw an average of 226k for its 5 weeks of data.

Around the Network

Wii is in stock everywhere in North America. Anyone who says it's out of stock is a Nintendo fanboy trying to hide lackluster sales.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
Wii is in stock everywhere in North America. Anyone who says it's out of stock is a Nintendo fanboy trying to hide lackluster sales.

Right...

http://wiitracker.com/

Not sure about Wii's but the 360 Arcades and Premiums were out of stock in my area in all the stores I checked , bought a DS instead.

no wii or wii fit in montreal

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
In my country (Spain ) they are widely available.You can buy one in each and every videogame store.The Wii was sold out in december and first week of january though,something I still have to see with the other two consoles.In holidays it seems to increse a lot ,its such a casual machine.

Same here in Denmark.

FishyJoe said:
frybread said:

Right...

Christ Fishy, ban him for trolling, don't quote him, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

My Best Buy had a bunch of Wii Fit the day MGS4 released.
I should have bought one and resold it on ebay.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
My Best Buy had a bunch of Wii Fit the day MGS4 released.
I should have bought one and resold it on ebay.........

or you should have bought one and kept it it is a great system with great games if you try them out

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

FishyJoe said:
frybread said:

Right...

How does that site collect its data? Does it just show stock from online retailers?