By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Penny-Arcade- interesting note about MGS4 install times

he does make a point,the installs take longer then swapping disks

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I'd rather have the installs... only 2 discs mean twice as much chance for someone to ruin one of my discs or lose them.

@kasz216

no I would rather get upto my PS3 n swap disks (instead of watching snake smoke)....as long as I don't need to go back to the XMB menu n then re-launch the game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Why are people still discussing this? Penny Arcade are wrong! If the game was on DVD9 it wouldn't mean no install times it would mean install from multiple discs.

lets leave it....as it in no way makes the Game any less better (oh and its Frikkin awesome...but I guess all of you have already heard all of that)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
Why are people still discussing this? Penny Arcade are wrong! If the game was on DVD9 it wouldn't mean no install times it would mean install from multiple discs.

Why?  I mean, you do know why PS3 has more mandatory downloads then 360 right?

It's due to Blu-ray.  Without Blu-ray they wouldn't need the download.

Kasz216 said:
Saiyar said:

Why? I mean, you do know why PS3 has more mandatory downloads then 360 right?

It's due to Blu-ray. Without Blu-ray they wouldn't need the download.

Presumeably people are thinking that the game needs install due to the blu-ray readtimes being slower than DVDs.This is false! The read times for a 2*Blu-ray and 12*DVD (DL) are almost the same with the Blu-ray having the sligth advantage.

I do wish there was an option to install everything at once and keep it all on the hard drive so you didn't always have those waits between acts. That was a shit decision on Konami's part, IMO. I know it saves space and all but it sucks for those of us who don't care about that.

Saiyar said:
Kasz216 said:
Saiyar said:

Why? I mean, you do know why PS3 has more mandatory downloads then 360 right?

It's due to Blu-ray. Without Blu-ray they wouldn't need the download.

Presumeably people are thinking that the game needs install due to the blu-ray readtimes being slower than DVDs.This is false! The read times for a 2*Blu-ray and 12*DVD (DL) are almost the same with the Blu-ray having the sligth advantage.

The problem is you aren't talking about read time, but reading speed.

A slight advantage yet it has way more size. If you can run slightly faster then me it doesn't matter if I only have to run 9 miles and you have to run 25. 

Put MGS4 on multiple discs and you have much less space to cover and you find Waldo much faster. 

RolStoppable said:
starcraft said:
HappySqurriel said:

Well I guess these people just got a defective version of Metal Gear Solid 4 ( http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29564 ) or you're full of it

That bolded point is an interesting possibility.............

What is this "it" you two are talking about? Perhaps beer? I am so boycotting that.

I can't be your friend anymore.

-edit-

And I think they're both pretty evil.  I hate getting off the couch to swap discs but I think I equally hate watching a progress bar for eight minutes.