By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Penny-Arcade- interesting note about MGS4 install times

Wait, there are people who still believe that crap about Blu-ray read times being slower than DVDs?

Around the Network

the installs dont bother me one bit to be honest

darthdevidem01 said:
ok..I understand now....this will pose a problem to my plan of showing the best bits of the game to my friends.

Is there now a way to lock a certain install

Fiddle around to try and find it, but at this stage it isn't looking like it.

If this becomes a trend for console games, thats just ridiculous.

Lol, if its like this for MGS4, imagine Killzone 2.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft

this seriously sucks.....n about Killzone 2

I'll be picking at even minor bad things on that one (given that SONY cancelled 2 games for it & LBP)...it better not have this problem.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

While annoying you do still get the advantage of storage space. Look at Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, each addition disk only nets you another 10 or less hours of storyline because so much of the overall game is required on each disk.

Still I think it's becoming clear that even 80 gig hard drives are going to be too small if the PS3 is going to reduce load times with hard drive space.

Around the Network

I've got to agree with PA on this one - 3 min installs between the acts is no different then disc swapping. Actually i'd say it's a bit worse as I can change a disc in less than 3 min.

to those saying they aren't even close to filling their hard-drive: don't forget you're only on year 2 of a 10 year system.

@kitler53

yeah but we'r not exactly gonna keep installs of old games

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I don't have to get up from my sofa or my PC to install so I rather not have to change disc. I put the Blu-ray disc in and don't have touch my ps3 again until I finish it.
IMO the best advantage I find about the Blu-ray is it doesn't spend the disc at warp speed.

changing discs is so 2006, it's all about install time now, deal with it. Like Sony said the next generation don't start until they say so. Although I'm still waiting for them to announced it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
darthdevidem01 said:
I thought you meant everytime you go through a checkpoint (different parts of each section) it erases

Do you mean between 2 acts...or checkpoints in a given level??

Does it matter.  Either applys to the point you tried to make but failed at.