By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Star Ocean: Last Hope 360 exclusive

ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
Score for the 360. This will probably be one of the best JRPG's of the generation, and I reckon the 360 will have it exclusively for at least a year, if not indefinitely.

I have a feeling this is just as much of an exclusive as Haze and UT3 are to the PS3.

Dang, calling it Wack Juice already?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
The 360 is getting people into JRPGs that were never into them before. I'm a prime example, my main genres are WRPG's, FPS and RTS and I'd never played a JRPG until I got my 360. I'm no expert in the genre as I've played only mistwalker titles, but you can bet that when tales, star ocean, last remnant and Infinite undiscovery are launched I'll be waiting in line.

No offense, but do you think you might like JRPGs because they are on the XBox360, and not because they are good JRPGs? I only ask because I know one friend who absolutely loves the JRPGs on the XBox360. And despite owning a backwards compatible PS3, along with several high profile PS2 JRPGs, can't play any of them for more than a couple hours.

I just think it's funny that people start liking a genre when it comes to their particular console of choice.

Edit: He hates his PS3, he just keeps it around for his "collection."  And he's a blatant XBox360 fanboy, and he admits it.

Crazzy, how does the 360 have quanity over quality? The 360 RPGs are some of the best-regarded right now with Mass Effect being the only exclusive RPG in the 90s this generation.

And if we're talking JRPGs, I don't understand what the 360 is comparing itself to? The PS3 has utter garbage for JRPGs, and will until FFXIII launches. And even then, we don't know how good IU, TOV and SO4 are going to stack up to FFXIII. But regardles....I think I'd take IU, TOV and SO4 as exclusives over FFXIII.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Crazzy, how does the 360 have quanity over quality? The 360 RPGs are some of the best-regarded right now with Mass Effect being the only exclusive RPG in the 90s this generation.

And if we're talking JRPGs, I don't understand what the 360 is comparing itself to? The PS3 has utter garbage for JRPGs, and will until FFXIII launches. And even then, we don't know how good IU, TOV and SO4 are going to stack up to FFXIII. But regardles....I think I'd take IU, TOV and SO4 as exclusives over FFXIII.

I dont even think the PS3 has JRPGs, I agree with what you said.

mM

SO:LH = timed exclusive

I'm guessing it'll be 6 months exlusivity.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
FaRmLaNd said:
The 360 is getting people into JRPGs that were never into them before. I'm a prime example, my main genres are WRPG's, FPS and RTS and I'd never played a JRPG until I got my 360. I'm no expert in the genre as I've played only mistwalker titles, but you can bet that when tales, star ocean, last remnant and Infinite undiscovery are launched I'll be waiting in line.

No offense, but do you think you might like JRPGs because they are on the XBox360, and not because they are good JRPGs? I only ask because I know one friend who absolutely loves the JRPGs on the XBox360. And despite owning a backwards compatible PS3, along with several high profile PS2 JRPGs, can't play any of them for more than a couple hours.

I just think it's funny that people start liking a genre when it comes to their particular console of choice.

Edit: He hates his PS3, he just keeps it around for his "collection."  And he's a blatant XBox360 fanboy, and he admits it.

Didn't bother looking at his game list, have you? He has quite a few Western RPGs for PC/Xbox on his list...So I would think his opinion is somewhat valid....Even if he's a newer convert to JRPGs.

I could accuse Playstation 3 fanboys of the same blind, blatant service. PS3 JRPG fans are clamoring for FFXIII to be the savior of all mankind, while ignoring the fact that over half of their PS2 JRPG franchises have jumped ship...Instead of being dissatisfied with Sony, and the bullcrap they are pulling, they attempt to cling to whats left. Not because they enjoy the genre, but because they are biased.

Fact is, if your a fan of the JRPG genre, you'd own a 360, and there is ABSOLUTELY no way around it. I screwed up during the N64 era on my JRPG machine of choice, and I won't do it again...Thats why I got a 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ElderScrollsFan said:
its not exclusive to the 360, a ps3 version will come out eventuly, mark my words

its certainly will, along with white knight story, ff13 and ff versus, and valkyre.

if these games can make western releases just after xmas that would be ace.

in comparison 360 only has infinite discovery exclusive

ony 2 more rpg`s and xbox fans are claiming 360 is rpg king lol.

thats the main problem with this lot, if they have 2 or 3 more games(considering 360 is into its 3rd year) they somehow belive it will stay like that forever.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ElderScrollsFan said:
its not exclusive to the 360, a ps3 version will come out eventuly, mark my words

Yea, kind of like ES right. It has been nearly a year now and where is it releasing, only in Japan. If SO4 comes to the PS3 I highly doubt it before 2010.

Skeeuk said:
ElderScrollsFan said:

its certainly will, along with white knight story, ff13 and ff versus, and valkyre.

if these games can make western releases just after xmas that would be ace.

in comparison 360 only has infinite discovery exclusive

ony 2 more rpg`s and xbox fans are claiming 360 is rpg king lol.

thats the main problem with this lot, if they have 2 or 3 more games(considering 360 is into its 3rd year) they somehow belive it will stay like that forever.

Releasing games right after Christman is not the best idea.  A PS3 version for SO4 is almost garenteed

mrstickball said:
bobobologna said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Edit: He hates his PS3, he just keeps it around for his "collection." And he's a blatant XBox360 fanboy, and he admits it.

Didn't bother looking at his game list, have you? He has quite a few Western RPGs for PC/Xbox on his list...So I would think his opinion is somewhat valid....Even if he's a newer convert to JRPGs.

I could accuse Playstation 3 fanboys of the same blind, blatant service. PS3 JRPG fans are clamoring for FFXIII to be the savior of all mankind, while ignoring the fact that over half of their PS2 JRPG franchises have jumped ship...Instead of being dissatisfied with Sony, and the bullcrap they are pulling, they attempt to cling to whats left. Not because they enjoy the genre, but because they are biased.

Fact is, if your a fan of the JRPG genre, you'd own a 360, and there is ABSOLUTELY no way around it. I screwed up during the N64 era on my JRPG machine of choice, and I won't do it again...Thats why I got a 360.

Yea, but to go from having never really played any, to suddenly waiting in line for Tales of Vesperia, Last Remnant, and Star Ocean?  Seriously?  Especially when those games look to differ significantly from the gameplay that Lost Odyssey had.

I'm not a huge JRPG fan by any means, but I do like to dabble in them.  I can count the number of RPGs I've beaten on one hand (Final Fantasy Adventures, Golden Sun, Odin Sphere).  If I suddenly went into a thread about FF13 or White Knight Story or whatever else and started spouting about how I couldn't wait for the game and how awesome it was going to be, then I would be calling my own intentions into question.  Which is why you will never really see me excited about those games.