By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Star Ocean: Last Hope 360 exclusive

What trolling? =)) You just live in a dream world. =))
Sure, ps3 owners wish, that all average x360 jrpg would come to ps3. =]]
I see BIG sales of jrpgs on x360. =))) Must be very desirable jrpg games they are. =))

About FFXIII, it`s just that after 20 years of gaming, i got BORED, and that`s why i don`t play every average jrpg, ONLY HIGH QUALITY ones. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

i am happy about the star ocean4 game coming to xbox 360 next year, i loved star ocean3. i love rpg's and have all the current ones on the xbox 360. if anyone who has a xbox 360 and wants too add me to their friendlist please go ahead. well take care and keep the rpg's and good games coming. my gamertag is "HEAVENLY RINOA" the reason for the name is because i love final fantasy 8.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

CrazzyMan said:
What trolling? =)) You just live in a dream world. =))
Sure, ps3 owners wish, that all average x360 jrpg would come to ps3. =]]
I see BIG sales of jrpgs on x360. =))) Must be very desirable jrpg games they are. =))

About FFXIII, it`s just that after 20 years of gaming, i got BORED, and that`s why i don`t play every average jrpg, ONLY HIGH QUALITY ones. =]

Bigger sales than anything released on the ps3, btw.

You wouldn't recognize a good game even if it hit you in the face with a shovel, you've been pimping a platform who's single first worthwile game was just released, 18 months into its life.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

CrazzyMan said:
low quality - infinite undiscovery
this one is definitely! =))
tales of vesperia - another tales, another good-average jrpg. =)

too human - yeah, i believe this will get something between 6 and 7. =))

Fable 2 - this one might be good one, but probably will be released on PC, i believe, you browsing this site from pc, not from x360? =))

SO4 is too early to say, moreover, probably is not exclusive. So, whatever. =)
that I'm waiting for FF13. It's so much better than wasting time on average games.
i fixed for you. ;)

Anyway, what the problem for you? Are you not happy with your x360? So what the problem here? )) What do you want? You feel insecure?
Because i know, that FFXIII is coming to PS3 - and THAT is all i NEED in This gen. :)

Wow, you're delusional.

I like how SO4 has to be explained and Sony fanboys have to be consoled over it, but then you turn around and claim that Infinite Undiscovery is 'low quality,' ignoring the fact that it's made by the same developer, most likely on the same engine. This is of course before the game is even released.

I guess SO4 is next on the hatelist, especially if it does stay exclusive.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

How is IU low quailty? IGN did a preview for it a couple of days ago and said that it was a potential gem

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880463p1.html

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Pristine20 said:

Yeah but dead rising sucks wheile LO is an awesome heavily budgeted game! This explains why M$ is wasting its money securing JRPG "exclusives" when more cheap "dead risings" could easily beat SO3's sales on the PS2. Remember, M$ and sony make money on software not hardware.

Dead Rising is an awesome game and brought something new to the genre with it's sandbox gameplay. 85% on Gamerankings. It's Capcom and got good hype and marketing. (BTW, I'm sure MS will continue to secure exclusive "dead risings" and whatever genre you name, in the future)

LO I'm sure is a good JRPG but it had it's issues and didn't get those great reviews (79%). Also wasn't highly advertized, and got a delayed release in the west. Despite all of this it sold 750,000 copies.

SO4 will be a better game, will get a WW simultaneous release, better marketing, and by the time it's released release X360 fans are used to and have embraced JRPGs = huge success.

The X360 is the RPG-king.

SO4 can probably be rated atleast 85% on Gamerankings if the game improves on SO3 enough.  It will probably sell well in America since 360 owners will probably used to having JRPGs on the system by the time it comes out.

its not exclusive to the 360, a ps3 version will come out eventuly, mark my words

The 360 is getting people into JRPGs that were never into them before. I'm a prime example, my main genres are WRPG's, FPS and RTS and I'd never played a JRPG until I got my 360. I'm no expert in the genre as I've played only mistwalker titles, but you can bet that when tales, star ocean, last remnant and Infinite undiscovery are launched I'll be waiting in line.

CrazzyMan said:

A lot of people (blind fanboys not included) who've been playing FF's games since the early days would beg to differ on the "High Quality" nature of recent Final Fantasy games. The last games from that series I enjoyed were from the PS1 days so I'm hardly worked up about FF13. I'm taking a wait an see approach to when this game is released as to whether or not I pick it up.  If they were the greatest thing since sliced bread for you then more power to you.  Glad you enjoyed them but making blanket statments about things like people's opinion on game quality is pretty ignorant.

I also find it funny that a lot of these "low quality" jrpgs that were also released on the PS2 I've had infiinite amounts more fun going back and playing them now on my PS3 then I had from the Final Fantasy series from that generation.

But I guess it's always cool to rag on things that you don't own or won't be able to play. It's nice not having to battle behind fanboy lines in the sand =)))

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I finally bought an Xbox 360 for JRPGs!!!!! I'm so glad I got in on the MS live.com/ebay 35% off deal. It comes out to around $215 shipped for me for 360 with 20gb harddrive and hdmi brand new. :D Now I don't have to wait till 2009 or later when price drops down to $199.99 (if ever)!!!

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW