By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Star Ocean: Last Hope 360 exclusive

It will come on the PS3 ,it was announced in a PSP game extra UMD and I dont think Sony is thinking on giving publicity to a rival console game in one of its games.Its just that ,later on ,MS has showed again their enourmous wallet and will get this first.

The yahoo thing was ,for what I have heard ,because lots of japanese people were contacting Square to confirm that the game was coming to the PS3.And Square ,having received a hatful of money for the timed-exclusive ,hast to close their mouth until the agreement ends.

Theres a definite difference with timed exclusives.When Sony scores one(VF5,Haze,Unreal III) you know its coming to the other console(unless it isnt of course)....but when MS scores one they force the publisher to stay silent for months and months.Look at Bioshock.This is a smart decision by MS.But dont think this game wont appear in PS3,SO3 sold some 650 000 units in Japan I doubt Square is happy with the 100-150K it will sell on 360.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
It will come on the PS3 ,it was announced in a PSP game extra UMD and I dont think Sony is thinking on giving publicity to a rival console game in one of its games.Its just that ,later on ,MS has showed again their enourmous wallet and will get this first.

The yahoo thing was ,for what I have heard ,because lots of japanese people were contacting Square to confirm that the game was coming to the PS3.And Square ,having received a hatful of money for the timed-exclusive ,hast to close their mouth until the agreement ends.

Theres a definite difference with timed exclusives.When Sony scores one(VF5,Haze,Unreal III) you know its coming to the other console(unless it isnt of course)....but when MS scores one they force the publisher to stay silent for months and months.Look at Bioshock.This is a smart decision by MS.But dont think this game wont appear in PS3,SO3 sold some 650 000 units in Japan I doubt Square is happy with the 100-150K it will sell on 360.
It's more like 200-250K SO4 will sell in Japan

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Even IF it is timed exclusive...the game comes out 2009 and by the time they'd want to decide to put it on the PS3 it might be late 2009 or even 2010 before the game even hits the PS3 and it'd be "old".

This is almost the same thing as it being exclusive.

Well, enjoy 360 owners. Though ToV is going to be better than this, so you should invest in that first :P
Lol, saying one game is better than the other before either come out makes no sense at all.

lol I'm just saying that's what I expect. :P Tales of is a better series than SO IMO.

You've played one Star Ocean, you wouldn't know. Which is exactly why you're wrong.

250k is a little extreme, especially with the current 360 install base over there. Right now that would be like a 45% attach rate, not even Blue Dragon did that and it's channeling DQ.

With Star Ocean 3 only doing like 650k with two releases in Japan with the PS2 install base, SO4 is going to have to come on pretty strong. There's also perception. SO2 was percieved as a better game than SO3, which is why it sold more. There was also some bad press for SO3, there was a glitch triggered by older PS2 models that caused a finger pointing match between Enix and Sony. Japanese players are finicky so just being on the 360 will kill some sales. But we don't have too many examples of Japanese franchises going exclusively to 360 to compare it to. I guess Vesperia will be the first guinea pig.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Strategyking92 said:
Pristine20 said:
Riachu said:
Pristine20 said:
Riachu said:

You shouldn't sterotype what genre PS3 and 360 owners prefer. Lost Odyssey sold 700K on the 360. Haze would have done better if it wasn't for the fact that the game was a huge disappointment.

I know it isn't just as clear cut as I seem to have stated. however, I have never come across anyone who owns a 360 and doesn't play FPS games period and I live in the US where the 360 dominates hands down. Gamestop employees even seem to get mad at me for requesting PS3 versions as was the case when I bought COD4 and Condemned 2. There are definitely many 360 owners who don't care for FPS games but I can bet money that they are in the minority. Xbox live is sucessful for polishing the online multiplayer FPS experience.

Would you agree that LO is better than dead rising? If you do, can you explain how dead rising could achieve 1.5 mil sold while LO can't even reach a mil?

Dead Rising is in a genre that is more popular than JRPGs

Yeah but dead rising sucks wheile LO is an awesome heavily budgeted game! This explains why M$ is wasting its money securing JRPG "exclusives" when more cheap "dead risings" could easily beat SO3's sales on the PS2. Remember, M$ and sony make money on software not hardware.

ARE YOU (*^&ING LOOPY? Dead rising was an awesome game.

all you use are you wacky opinions to suggest that xbox gamers like fps's alot.   But then again, is that a bad thing? You are trying to bash a genre, and in consequence, bash a console aren't you? Or do you not even know what you are talking about? Have you tried dead rising? If so, did you notice that it also had as high, or higher production values? Alot of questions have been quite unanswered...

Careful with the insults. I have never insulted anyone. Also, everything anyone posts on this forum is their opinion. In my sig, I say that PE2 is the best game of all time. Do you agree? Probably not but it is my opinion. I never said FPS's were bad. I doubt you can beat me on COD4. I only insinuated that 360 fans are more likely to like them.

We're all debating our own opinions, insults are unnecessary.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Even IF it is timed exclusive...the game comes out 2009 and by the time they'd want to decide to put it on the PS3 it might be late 2009 or even 2010 before the game even hits the PS3 and it'd be "old".

Well, enjoy 360 owners. Though ToV is going to be better than this, so you should invest in that first :P
Lol, saying one game is better than the other before either come out makes no sense at all.

lol I'm just saying that's what I expect. :P Tales of is a better series than SO IMO.

You've played one Star Ocean, you wouldn't know. Which is exactly why you're wrong.

250k is a little extreme, especially with the current 360 install base over there. Right now that would be like a 45% attach rate, not even Blue Dragon did that and it's channeling DQ.

With Star Ocean 3 only doing like 650k with two releases in Japan with the PS2 install base, SO4 is going to have to come on pretty strong. There's also perception. SO2 was percieved as a better game than SO3, which is why it sold more. There was also some bad press for SO3, there was a glitch triggered by older PS2 models that caused a finger pointing match between Enix and Sony. Japanese players are finicky so just being on the 360 will kill some sales. But we don't have too many examples of Japanese franchises going exclusively to 360 to compare it to. I guess Vesperia will be the first guinea pig.

@ClaudeLv250

I don't think Soriku's opinion will change since the one SO game he played is SO2 which is considered to not only be the best game in the series(or was it SO1 that was/is considered best in the series) but also one of the best RPGs on the PS1.

SO3 did get initially negative press in Japan which negatively affect its sales but that was because of bugs.

Edit:In terms of WW numbers, SO3 sold better but if your just talking about Japanese-only numbers, yeah SO2 did sell better 

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Pristine20 said:
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:
Anyway, WHAT the point of THIS thread?

NOBODY except x360 owners and fanboys believe that SO4 will stay exclusive for x360.
SO, AGAIN, WHAT the POINT? =))

With virtually every game this generation that was timed exclusive, the second console saw NO hardware increase and few software sales.

Timed exclusive for the Xbox 360 is great for Microsoft and BAD for Sony.

Its great for microsoft? Thats debatable. If you speak through economics, M$ may actually be losing money by acquiring all these JRPG exclusives and timed exclusives. LO is the best JRPG this gen hands down, it even gives some FFs a run for their mone. hell, its made by Sakaguchi himself. yet, it hasn't even sold a million copies yet despite the big budget and advertisin thats sad. M$ is lucky that they have the world's richest shareholder behind them because otherwise, they couldn't afford to keep this up.

It is bad for Sony? In the short term and for the impatient probably. However, insulting Sony for not fighting back is blindness to economics because they have to make profits first before buying exclusives that are not guaranteed to provide any boosts whatsoever. Also, timed exclusives especially in a genre like JRPGs are likely to be superior on their second release. Kind of like how FFX was released late in EU and they complained but ended up getting the vastly superior international version. P3:fes vs P3, etc Looks like the PS3 would be getting these extended version this time perhaps for a cheaper price too.

They don't.

Whom does "they" refer to?

Microsoft does not have the world's richest shareholder.

Pristine20 said:
Strategyking92 said:
Pristine20 said:
Riachu said:
Pristine20 said:
Riachu said:

You shouldn't sterotype what genre PS3 and 360 owners prefer. Lost Odyssey sold 700K on the 360. Haze would have done better if it wasn't for the fact that the game was a huge disappointment.

I know it isn't just as clear cut as I seem to have stated. however, I have never come across anyone who owns a 360 and doesn't play FPS games period and I live in the US where the 360 dominates hands down. Gamestop employees even seem to get mad at me for requesting PS3 versions as was the case when I bought COD4 and Condemned 2. There are definitely many 360 owners who don't care for FPS games but I can bet money that they are in the minority. Xbox live is sucessful for polishing the online multiplayer FPS experience.

Would you agree that LO is better than dead rising? If you do, can you explain how dead rising could achieve 1.5 mil sold while LO can't even reach a mil?

Dead Rising is in a genre that is more popular than JRPGs

Yeah but dead rising sucks wheile LO is an awesome heavily budgeted game! This explains why M$ is wasting its money securing JRPG "exclusives" when more cheap "dead risings" could easily beat SO3's sales on the PS2. Remember, M$ and sony make money on software not hardware.

ARE YOU (*^&ING LOOPY? Dead rising was an awesome game.

all you use are you wacky opinions to suggest that xbox gamers like fps's alot.   But then again, is that a bad thing? You are trying to bash a genre, and in consequence, bash a console aren't you? Or do you not even know what you are talking about? Have you tried dead rising? If so, did you notice that it also had as high, or higher production values? Alot of questions have been quite unanswered...

Careful with the insults. I have never insulted anyone. Also, everything anyone posts on this forum is their opinion. In my sig, I say that PE2 is the best game of all time. Do you agree? Probably not but it is my opinion. I never said FPS's were bad. I doubt you can beat me on COD4. I only insinuated that 360 fans are more likely to like them.

We're all debating our own opinions, insults are unnecessary.

well, people always say that xbox owners only buy fps's and that we're stupid for playing "repetitive shooting games"

so, hearing that so many times, and seeing that what you were saying was going into that area, I got irritated.

And come on, dead rising is a highly produced, awesome game. It was not low-budgeted. if you had played it, you would not say it is crappy for no reason. (you could've at least said it was a highly-produced piece of ****.)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Soriku said:

And I say SO4 will be a lot better than ToV :P Tales of will never get enough credit from me if they don´t turn back to their pre-Gamecube self.

memory2zack said:
Soriku said:

And I say SO4 will be a lot better than ToV :P Tales of will never get enough credit from me if they don´t turn back to their pre-Gamecube self.

I am just going to wait and see which one will be better:SO4 or ToV

Riachu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:

@ClaudeLv250

I don't think Soriku's opinion will change since the one SO game he played is SO2 which is considered to not only be the best game in the series(or was it SO1 that was/is considered best in the series) but also one of the best RPGs on the PS1.

SO3 did get initially negative press in Japan which negatively affect its sales but that was because of bugs.

Edit:In terms of WW numbers, SO3 sold better but if your just talking about Japanese-only numbers, yeah SO2 did sell better 

Well Soriku is a Tales fanboy and he's relatively young so his opinion is inferior by default (take that Soriku). Yeah, SO2 is considered best in the series, which it very well is. And I was just talking about SO2 sales, though I do wonder about SO4 worldwide since both Japan and Europe will not be much of a factor.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"