By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - gameplayer.com:"gamers should be eternally grateful that MGS4 exist"

rocketpig said:
SamuelRSmith said:
@StarCraft

According to Metacritic, MGS4 has recieved:

5 100's
1 99
1 97
1 96
3 95's
1 93
4 8's

How the hell that is" most reviewers either giving a ten, or an eight", I do not know. Let's not also forget that 8 pretty much means "a very good game", and 10 means "a brilliant game".

Can I also point out that one of the 8's were from Edge, and not only did they give MGS3 an 8, but they are also one of the harshest reviewers out there, I should know, I often pick up the magazine, and I often add a one to the score that they have given (not that a one really makes all that much difference, anyways).

Really? I think Edge is probably the most accurate publication out there.

I usually subtract a point from IGN, GI, EGM, etc. 

Yea usually EDGE is pretty acurate in their ratings. Hence the 10/10 for Halo 3.LOL They are still the best around though.

Around the Network

For MGS4 don't really judge it till act 2 where it gets WAY better as the combat gets more intense, you have alies and the weapon choices really open up. Suddenly you're up against helicopters, APCs and a ton of other stuff, its crazy.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

@Rocketpig

I am glad your enjoying it....but seriously you aint seen NOTHING yet...cheesiness wise & WOW'ing factor wise

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey