By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - gameplayer.com:"gamers should be eternally grateful that MGS4 exist"

Another 10/10.

bottom line:

"In a world filled with generic shooters, bald space marines and ten a penny cliches Metal Gear Solid 4 is a light amongst the dark, proving to designers that you can do something different, that videogames can be more than a sum of their parts."Make no mistake about it, MGS4 is a game that pushes the medium forward, in a big way, and we as gamers should be eternally grateful that such a game exists. An undoubted masterpiece."

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Review.aspx?catid=Reviews&Page=1

Around the Network

Can you put these all in one thread Spartan?
Not a single 360 or Wii owner does this for their consoles games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

yeah, keep it in one thread, as it's only one game.

This game is amazing.

Yeah, I'm eternally grateful for MGS4 to exist, as I'm eternally grateful that every other game I enjoyed or most certainly will enjoy exists.
Isn't that obvious?

Around the Network

Yes, we should be eter

*cutscene*

nally grateful that a

*cutscene*

truly amazing game ex

*cutscene*

ists. Surely we are

*cutscene*

blessed.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

this game gets 10/10 everywere

Garcian Smith said:
Yes, we should be eter

*cutscene*

nally grateful that a

*cutscene*

truly amazing game ex

*cutscene*

ists. Surely we are

*cutscene*

blessed.
WIN!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Its not a derivitive rehash of games I've been playing since I was 4 like all the Wii games. Mario galaxy is barely different then Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo other then graphics, ditto for twilight princess (down to the dungeon design) compared to the original legend of zelda.

To be fair though I would say Bioshock and Mass Effect are similarly powerful and cinematic (and of course also on PC like all the good 360 games). Even still MGS4 is leaps and bounds above either in terms of sheer quality and polish. Its the kind of game that makes it worth owning an HD console and shows the severe limitations of the Wii in terms of developing cinematic experiences on par with the PS3.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

YEs they are correct....I have reached a bit where it is really interesting to use stealth as mean to look for something

arghhhhh...damn not giving away spoilers

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey