By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - gameplayer.com:"gamers should be eternally grateful that MGS4 exist"

CrazzyMan said:
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:
yeah, keep it in one thread, as it's only one game.

LOL. =)))
It`s only ONE game that is Game of the Century! =P
And like 50th on Gamerankings all time charts and falling fast.............

Unfortunately, you can`t trust ALL reviewers today, they are BIASED. You will UNDERSTAND that, when you will play MGS4, or you will never play it? =))

I usually make it a rule to not respond to CrazzyMan, but I just wanted to point this out as a textbook example of confirmation bias.

"MGS4 is Game of the Century!"

"Uh, no it's not; look at all these games that received higher acclaim by critics."

"But those reviewers are BIASED!!"

Anyway, Starcraft, it seems that certain members here have a seemingly limitless capacity for hyperbole and suspension of disbelief. Maybe it's best to just let them have their field day. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:

LOL. =)))

all I know is that PS3 got 2 games with perfect 10/10 score from IGN in the past 8 years history of IGN.that's something no matter how hard you try to twist it.

Garcian Smith said:
CrazzyMan said:
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:

LOL. =)))

Unfortunately, you can`t trust ALL reviewers today, they are BIASED. You will UNDERSTAND that, when you will play MGS4, or you will never play it? =))

I usually make it a rule to not respond to CrazzyMan, but I just wanted to point this out as a textbook example of confirmation bias.

"MGS4 is Game of the Century!"

"Uh, no it's not; look at all these games that received higher acclaim by critics."

"But those reviewers are BIASED!!"

Anyway, Starcraft, it seems that certain members here have a seemingly limitless capacity for hyperbole and suspension of disbelief. Maybe it's best to just let them have their field day.

Lol.  Perhaps it is.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:

LOL. =)))

all I know is that PS3 got 2 games with perfect 10/10 score from IGN in the past 8 years history of IGN.that's something no matter how you try to twist it.

Yes it is.  But considering one was multiplatform, and the other is the kind of game you love or dont (which is clear from the disparity in review scores), its not as big a thing as the eight million threads you've created would imply.

@ starcraft

you havent played msg4 and arent planning on doing so, so what are you doing here?

go away fanboy

Around the Network
wartaal said:
@ starcraft

you havent played msg4 and arent planning on doing so, so what are you doing here?

go away fanboy

Cause he's a troll.  And if anyone doubts that it is because they haven't looked at his posting history.  It would be a good idea to combine these threads though, I agree.  Of course a review like IGN definitely deserves its own thread.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@wartaal

cool....you just pwnd starcraft...lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

akuma587 said:
wartaal said:
@ starcraft

go away fanboy

Cause he's a troll. And if anyone doubts that it is because they haven't looked at his posting history. It would be a good idea to combine these threads though, I agree. Of course a review like IGN definitely deserves its own thread.

To answer both of you at once, these are what we call public game forums.  Yesterday, Spartan posted a MGS4 review thread from an obscure french magazing noone had ever heard of.

He's done at least five of them.  I'm perfectly justified in pointing out that a single thread would be far more prudent.

I notice you didn't call Crazzyman out for "trolling" when he labelled MGS4 game of the CENTURY. 

starcraft said:
Garcian Smith said:
Yes, we should be eter

*cutscene*

nally grateful that a

*cutscene*

truly amazing game ex

*cutscene*

ists. Surely we are

*cutscene*

blessed.
WIN!

Jealous MS fanboys are jealous.

I'll be enjoying the best game ever, exclusive to the PS3 thank you very much. Keep your Halo 3, it pales in comparison.

MGS4 > God.

MGS4!

Keep up the good work SpartanFX. Woohoo another 10/10 for MGS 4. Go MGS 4 Go.