By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS fans,is MGS4 the best in the series?

i wanna know if some reviewers have been telling the truth about it being the best in the series,my cousin got it today and he says its the best in the series so far,i will win it after him to find out for myself.

but what do you think is it the best in the series?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

you should at least give people 1-2 weeks to play through the game before asking that question

MGS4 is great, but imo(and I've only played a little bit of it) I think there is no way a sequel could be as good as MGS1 in story or boss battles. It's like asking if Twilight Princess is better than OOT. It is, in a way, but the real answer is "no."

That doesn't mean it isn't perfect though. Just less perfect than the original game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

truly the best :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

For me, easily the best. And I think fans of MGS1, once they play it through to the end, will be pretty pleased as well. Great game. On my second playthrough now, and it's still very fresh.

Around the Network

So far, I'd have to go with yes. The acting is top notch, there are far less instances of awkward dialogue in the cutscenes, the controls are quite a bit more fluid, the aiming is much better (they even added in an FPS mode for all the noobs [not saying that's a good thing, lol]), and the entire war economy dynamic makes each level have far more variety than games past.

The graphics are great as well. They start out okay in the first act, but act 2 looks truly amazing. The MGO beta really lowered my expectations in terms of visuals, but the final game really delivers.

I don't think I can answer this question until I beat it. Still, MGS4 is pretty darn cool and it may be the best in the series, but that doesn't mean that the other ones aren't cool.

I would probably say that as of now,

MGS1 (because it's classic) > MGS4 > MGS3 > MGS2

MGS1 has the best story, by far.

I'm still waiting till i finish 4 then i will say what i prefer, 3 is my current favourite though.

It my change too :P

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I actually thought that 3 was a better game than the original, though the original gets huge points just for being so groundbreaking. So far... yeah, so far 4 is the best of the series. I just finished the fourth (out of five) act(s).

This game has just been amazing.

undooubtedly......its just so awesome so far

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey