By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS fans,is MGS4 the best in the series?

As im only half way through act one, i cant really comment, but it will have to continue its brilliance so far for it to match up the majestry of 1 and the excellence of 3. It would be better than 2 with its eyes closed

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

I'm in Act 3 right now, and so far it has been amazing. If the momentum keeps up, then yes, it might be the best in the series. Just let me finish it first. As of right now, Metal Gear Solid is the best one.

Deviation59 said:
I actually thought that 3 was a better game than the original, though the original gets huge points just for being so groundbreaking. So far... yeah, so far 4 is the best of the series. I just finished the fourth (out of five) act(s).

This game has just been amazing.

I actually think that MGS3 really is a really good game... but i could not bring my self to finish it for the second time... while MSG1 i finished 3+ and i could still play it today. MGS4 is absolutely amazing in my eyes and i know that now, being in act 4 i already cant wait to play it again.

The gameplay it is by far the best in the series.
In terms of storyline I'd give it the number 2 slot, right now MGS2 is still my favorite in the series.

There's a lot to think over once you finish the game, it may or may not surpass even MGS2 in hindsight. Though the retcons are unfortunate and weigh on the quality of the presentation if you're a very knowledgable fan of the series.

colonelstubbs said:
As im only half way through act one, i cant really comment, but it will have to continue its brilliance so far for it to match up the majestry of 1 and the excellence of 3. It would be better than 2 with its eyes closed

It only gets better from what I've played so far. :D

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
you should at least give people 1-2 weeks to play through the game before asking that question

Or several months so more people will have the benefit of hindsight and no longer riding the new game buzz.

@makingmusic

hell yes....its gets better n better, especially EVA bit

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Act 3 now,and this game is brilliant.It surpasses past MGS's in gameplay and production value.The story; i will have to finish,to truly judge.

Nah...I liked 1 and 3 better thus far. They have better story that sucks you in right away...here I'm still waiting to care about whats going on.

I'm half way through act 2 though so this may change.

hey guys i've never played any MGS game in the past? im kind of tempted to buy MGS4, will i be lost? i it really fun? i need an honest opinion not an opinion based on the hype, thank you =)

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.