By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives MGS4 10/10

GTAIV and MGS4 are apples and oranges. Maybe they're both 10s (or not) in their respective genres (10 not meaning perfect like it's an athletic performance). Might as well review a luxury car against a yacht.  I can only imagine the cries of foul if GTAIV was 360 exclusive. 

Around the Network

even the install screen is awsome, i was also having a ciggerette whilst installing:)

any 360 fan when playing the 1st stage would be overcome on how awsome this game is, goty for me

its a 10/10 game for sure, and better than any game on any nex gen console

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
jerseyboy609 said:
MGS4 deserves the score it got...that game is one the G.O.A.Ts...but GTA4 was like a 9.8

I don't think it's as good as MGS1, due to its comparitive lack of innovation, derivitive nature, and yes, worse storyline.

I think MGS1 is one of the G.O.A.T.s myself. MGS4 is just really great.

well try playing mgs1 and mgs4 side by side, including gameplay u will find mgs4 is better lol.

plus it has online play, 10/10 for me, nothing this gen is close to it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

^are you sure nothing is close to it,you might like it the best but saying nothing is close to it is a bit absurd

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

A perfect score for a perfect game.Now this is next gen gaming.

Around the Network

^i hope next gen isnt at its best yet

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Nice review. I enjoyed watching the video review and the final comments. Looks like a title I will buy.

dtewi said:
This is no insult to MGS4, but 10s are being given out like candy now...

How so? Just because PS3 has two 10's in one and a half years of being released? The only perfect score IGN gave to 360 is also on PS3. The Wii has no perfect 10's from IGN. I hardly think that counts as "given out like candy". More like, great games are being made on a great system. If MGS4 were released 2 years from now, no one would complain about it getting a 10 from IGN. It just happens to come right after GTA4. I doubt you will ever see a 10 on the Wii, and the 360 probably won't get another one either.

Oh and I love the game so much. It is a 10 in my eyes. Everyone go pick it up right now, it is worth owning a PS3 for. And the new Hulk movie is an A as well. Go see it.

i don`t know much about the game or it`s story, i just know that snake is old and all, but by reading this i noted they`re basically saying snake dies at the end or something, with all that talking about the end of a legend or whatever.

i loved the previous games and i`m really anxious to play this one...but without knowing they said too much.

but hey, that is just my opinion.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I AGREE with them and for 1 REASON that GTA 4 got the UNDESERVING 10

so MGS4 had to get a 10 to tell gamers its MUCH BETTER....

if GTA 4 got a 9.5.....then MGS4 would've got a 9.8....

so BLAME GTA 4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey