By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i hate IGN so much, why should always shooters get 10......

Mario Galaxy and SSBB and Mario Kart deserve a 12......

i'll no longer spent my precious time reading worthless reviews from IGN..... : P

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

Wow, this year is looking awesome for all consoles.

First SSBB - possibly the best fighter game ever, and even more possibly the most fun.

Then Wii Fit - the best fitness game yet (on a console), very fun.

Then Grand Theft Auto IV - possibly the best sandbox game ever, and one of the best games ever.

Then Mario Kart Wii - possibly the best MK yet, that says enough.

Then Metal Gear Solid 4 - possibly the best MGS game, and possibly the best stealth game ever. One of the best games ever.

And we're only in what is supposed to be the "dead" part of the year!

Could this become the best year for gamers yet?

Reviewers say yes, do you?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

A perfect 10/10 from IGN US. Woohoo I predicted it.

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I AGREE with them and for 1 REASON that GTA 4 got the UNDESERVING 10

so MGS4 had to get a 10 to tell gamers its MUCH BETTER....

if GTA 4 got a 9.5.....then MGS4 would've got a 9.8....

so BLAME GTA 4

Actually, that makes sense. It didn't deserve a lower score than GTA, so a 10 was the only option.

Please don't let that be the standard.  GTAIV was so overrated.  To be fair relative to GTAIV, Fable 2, GeoW2, Resistance 2 ALL need to get 10/10.

GTAIV wasn't bad, but its an 8.5 at most. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

If GTA4 got 10, then MGS4 should get 11, no excuses.

GTA4 was good, but certainly not a Masterpiece MGS4 is.

And Eurogamer... oh spare me. Something radical should be done there. Heads should be cut.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network

You know, there are tons and tons of fuckers on this board who claim a game isn't AAA if it doesn't average 90 or better on Metacritic. Guess what? You'll never see that without some 10's being handed out. By that metric, MGS4 deserves a whole fucking boatload of 10's.

Is a 10/10 warranted for this game from a respected site that doesn't give out many 10's at all? Well, that's a matter of opinion. Having just finished the fourth of five acts, I would say that so far, yes, it does deserve a 10.

It takes Metal Gear in so many new directions while still feeling like Metal Gear and gives you an unprecedented number of options when it comes to dealing with the situations you encounter in the game. There's some abso-fucking-lutely brilliant gameplay in this game, which even the Metal Gear-hating asshole who reviewed it for Eurogamer admitted. You know, that's what bothered me the most about the Eurogamer review... maybe review scores shouldn't be handed out by people who already love a series but then they also shouldn't be handed out by people who despise a series.

So far, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game of the series and it's already ranking up there as one of the best games I've ever played.

All the IGNS seem to love this game. And for a good reason too- it rocks!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I AGREE with them and for 1 REASON that GTA 4 got the UNDESERVING 10

so MGS4 had to get a 10 to tell gamers its MUCH BETTER....

if GTA 4 got a 9.5.....then MGS4 would've got a 9.8....

so BLAME GTA 4

Actually, that makes sense. It didn't deserve a lower score than GTA, so a 10 was the only option.

Please don't let that be the standard. GTAIV was so overrated. To be fair relative to GTAIV, Fable 2, GeoW2, Resistance 2 ALL need to get 10/10.

GTAIV wasn't bad, but its an 8.5 at most.

IMO: GTA IV only deserved an 8 out of 10. A very glitchy, buggy game and the online was far from perfect.

@starcraft

totally agree.....but what can they do now....they have given the score

if I like Fable 2 more than GTA 4 (which I probably will) then I will still say IGN you better give it a 10 cus its pwns GTA 4....

GTA 4 is a bad standard, but sadly its been set at that level.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft
totally agree.....but what can they do now....they have given the score
if I like Fable 2 more than GTA 4 (which I probably will) then I will still say IGN you better give it a 10 cus its pwns GTA 4....
GTA 4 is a bad standard, but sadly its been set at that level.

Whilst i appreciate the sentiment, I somehow doubt you'll spread the word around these forums that Fable 2 deserves 100% when the time comes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS