By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@Starcraft

We'll see, it needs to be that good first.....I like Mass effect last year so in every 360 thread I made sure to say buy mass effect....sadly many people didn't agree with me about mass effect.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

GTA IV didn't deserve the ten. Really.

It deserved a 9.0

Once they gave that a ten, they had to give MGS4 a ten.

But why does everyone care about IGNs review? There are plenty of low scores around to make the haters happy.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Starcraft

We'll see, it needs to be that good first.....I like Mass effect last year so in every 360 thread I made sure to say buy mass effect....sadly many people didn't agree with me about mass effect.

People overwhelmingly liked Mass Effect.  Unfortunately the negative voices will always be more vocal than the positive ones.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Another bullshit score...

All it takes is hype, not quality, to get a ten. A shame really. I thought this game would get a realistic score.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:

All it takes is hype, not quality, to get a ten. A shame really. I thought this game would get a realistic score.

The ten is realistic, a lot moreso than GTA IV's.  GTA IV was bogged down with graphical problems, and slipshod gameplay, and still got a ten, that wasn't realistic. 

They don't say anything bad about it in the review. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

The ten is realistic, a lot moreso than GTA IV's. GTA IV was bogged down with graphical problems, and slipshod gameplay, and still got a ten, that wasn't realistic.

Hows Ninja Gaiden 2?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Riot Of The Blood said:

have you played it?

yea I didn't think so,,,I am new to MGS franchise but I m loving this game,,,the character design,,gameplay,,graphics,,you name it ,,it's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,yea that awesome ;) 

Riot Of The Blood said:

Um, did you play MGS4? The game is great, and if someone liked it so much, that they gave it a 10, then why complain? Why do people care so much about a game's reviews anyways? It's just an opinion. Don't get worked up over something so stupid.

DMeisterJ said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

The ten is realistic, a lot moreso than GTA IV's.  GTA IV was bogged down with graphical problems, and slipshod gameplay, and still got a ten, that wasn't realistic. 

No, it isn't realistic -- it's flat out bullshit to give this over hyped game a ten. Anything with the slightest bit of hype nowdays gets a high score; it doesn't even matter what the game actually plays like. Reviewers seem to be reviewing hype rather than the game itself. That's why flawed games like GTAIV and Mario Galaxy are getting these stupid scores.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

The ten is realistic, a lot moreso than GTA IV's. GTA IV was bogged down with graphical problems, and slipshod gameplay, and still got a ten, that wasn't realistic.

Hows Ninja Gaiden 2?

I rented it.

Meh.

I never really liked the game series, just thought I'd give this a whirl.

Very gory, but that damn camera angle sucks major balls.  And the graphics on the game leave much to be desired.  Ryu looks worse than Sigma, there's a noticeable lack of texture all over his body, making him look higly manufactured.