By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrketcup33

yes this time I think even non-MGS players will enjoy DUE TO Brilliant gameplay......you will just miss some of the WOW factor & icing on the cake due to not knowing the story...

but on its own....even then MGS4 is the best game on PS3

i definnatly agree

Around the Network

@SnakeEYes

Well for me MGS2 was the best one {puts on flamesuit}

but yeah I feel we need the FULL experience with the FULL story before saying that...so far its chances are very high of beating those previous MGS games.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

COol thanks. I am buying this game next week.

Do you know what is the trade in value for Uncharted??

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

darthdevidem01 said:
@SnakeEYes

Well for me MGS2 was the best one {puts on flamesuit}

but yeah I feel we need the FULL experience with the FULL story before saying that...so far its chances are very high of beating those previous MGS games.

O_o well thats an oppinion i guess lol

just bought mgs4 from pc world, and when i came back cod4 goty edition had been postedso im in for a busy weekend, the ps3 has never looked so good.

mgs4 is simply stunning, i dont give a damn about the fanboy reviews its recived eurogamer 8/10 when they gave earth defence 2047 on 360 a 9/10 lol what a joke.

its simply stunning and you will not belive the grafix.

thank you konami for bringing this magnus opus of a game, its simply stunning and i have not seen a game like it on any system. it is siply a stunning game in every respect.

Eurogamer "mgs4 is a broken game" .......... i say screw you fanboys(eurogamer)

its not a broken game, it truly is the 1st true next gen experiance, even more WOW factor than gears 1.

yeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

CONTAINS MILD SPOILER

If you have played previous Metal Gears, two things-

The controls have been slightly tweaked- hand to hand combat is R1 based and not circle button based

AND

You HAVE to play this on the hardest difficulty setting to really appreicate it. The AI is extremely tough to beat, and the 'gaps' in security patrols are hard to find. For example, its not a spoiler to say the section where in the E3 trailer Snake uses the camo to hold the statues penis area, that immediate sneaking section is so hard on the highest difficulty...and its only half an hour into the game.

I also love the way this game throws you right into the action. The previous 3 games all you had you arrive in your destination, usually unarmed but away from danger. This puts you right into the war, and when the MILD SPOILER Gekkos first attack MILD SPOILER END i nearly bricked it.

Awesome game!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@merketchup

dunno...lol I'm getting uncharted used on Monday..

@Skeeuk

yeah the GRAPHICS of MGS4 were not hyped....I don't why but the grfx part of this MGS wasn't hyped thanks to KZ2

but it delivers in grfx big time

maybe now I know what the WOW factor for GEOW 1 felt n why people loved it so much....

as I said its akin to the SMG WOW factor (and that masterpiece had loads of it)

OMG lol i cant wait to get home and play it again!

darthdevidem01 said:

@largedarryl

maybe....cus we have a BOSE surround sound system....one of the best in the business I have heard

The problem with just having a "good" set of surround sound speakers is also how/where they have been hooked up.  I'm saying that the position of the furniture, type of floor, position you are from the audio sweet spot, etc. have a bigger effect than uncompressed audio.  Since you have told me that you think your Bose setup is one of the best you've heard, I'm going to assume that you are not an audiophile.  If this is the case I bet you cannot tell the difference between an MP3 file and an uncompressed equivalent.  So basically you (and myself included) are part of the greater than 90% of people that cannot tell the difference between compressed/uncompressed audio.

I am not arguing that this game has incredible audio, I just think its incorrect to say it is because of the uncompressed audio.

Anyways m going back to play it......I'll probably come back after dinner, then play some more of it...lol n then come back for the NPD thread.