By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

if you can play it as action game like you say, then it means that there is no need for stealth, while I thought that the coolest about Metal Gear was that you can not surive without stealth

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

"the uncompressed sound quality seriously shows"

Either you're one of the very rare people who can tell the difference between uncompressed and (correctly) compressed sound, or it's just your fan goggles working in favor of the audio ;)

I'm glad somebody said this.  The truth is that a bad surround sound setup has a bigger effect on sound then compressed audio.

I'm glad you like the game, but SMG will still be up there for my top game this gen so far.  I've never been a big fan of watching video games so I would have never liked this game.

Ajax said:
if you can play it as action game like you say, then it means that there is no need for stealth, while I thought that the coolest about Metal Gear was that you can not surive without stealth

lol i survived all of the other ones as a run and gun XD.... i wasnt done untill the radar was clean of enemies lol

@Ajax

trust me when your on the battlefield n you see the two sides fighting an intense war....sneaking through that whole war zone give you a feeling of satisfaction running n gunning definetely won't give.

@largedarryl

maybe....cus we have a BOSE surround sound system....one of the best in the business I have heard

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

WOW...man...*sigh* (how can I sound ecstatic without sounding like a fanboy..hmm..) MGS4 IS AWESOME.... My God. I'd still be playing if I didnt have to go to school for a lil bit...damn. Man, honestly, if GTA IV got all these rave reviews and avg like 95, MGS4 deserves atleast a 97, its THAT much better than GTA IV and yes I do know they are different genres and do things differently, etc etc, but the one thing that ALL game's share is fun factor. The fun factor of MGS4 so far (played about 3 hrs maybe less) is much higher than GTA Iv. Darth, I completely understand what u meant when u said that the difference is shocking, because in all honesty, it is....Dare I say it, MGS4 better than MGS1??!?

Around the Network

Do u recommend MGS4 to a gamer who hasnt played any MGS before??

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

NJ5 said:

"the uncompressed sound quality seriously shows"

Either you're one of the very rare people who can tell the difference between uncompressed and (correctly) compressed sound, or it's just your fan goggles working in favor of the audio ;)

Anyway, what matters is that you're happy with the game and that's great!

With a good sound system you can really tell the difference.  But then again there are people who think mp3's sound as good as CD's, different strokes...

As for MGS4 it is amazing.  I am only through the first two acts, but there have been so many moments where I just said "holy shit".  I spent so much time exploring, and just trying out everything, I think I ended up spending around 6 hours on the first act.  Also the screens really don't do this game justice, it looks beautiful.

Really my only complaint is that Hayter made Snake's voice too raspy.  I know that is what he was going for, but it seems forced. 

SnakeEyez said:
WOW...man...*sigh* (how can I sound ecstatic without sounding like a fanboy..hmm..) MGS4 IS AWESOME.... My God. I'd still be playing if I didnt have to go to school for a lil bit...damn. Man, honestly, if GTA IV got all these rave reviews and avg like 95, MGS4 deserves atleast a 97, its THAT much better than GTA IV and yes I do know they are different genres and do things differently, etc etc, but the one thing that ALL game's share is fun factor. The fun factor of MGS4 so far (played about 3 hrs maybe less) is much higher than GTA Iv. Darth, I completely understand what u meant when u said that the difference is shocking, because in all honesty, it is....Dare I say it, MGS4 better than MGS1??!?

that there is a bold statement..... i doono..... its deffinantly something to think bout tho.... not an easy choice

antfromtashkent said:
SnakeEyez said:

that there is a bold statement..... i doono..... its deffinantly something to think bout tho.... not an easy choice

yes, VERY bold statement, but Im not claiming its better or not yet, I still need to get the full experience, but man, the overall feeling so far has been amazing, one that I have only experienced from MGS1

@mrketcup33

yes this time I think even non-MGS players will enjoy DUE TO Brilliant gameplay......you will just miss some of the WOW factor & icing on the cake due to not knowing the story...

but on its own....even then MGS4 is the best game on PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey