By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

i have a question... did anyone play it on a 1080p tv? because on my 720p the graphics r ridiculous...i cant even imagine a 1080p.... or does it even go up that high?

Around the Network

@largendarryl

yeah my dads really good at the speaker arrangement n furniture arrangement thing..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

antfromtashkent said:
i have a question... did anyone play it on a 1080p tv? because on my 720p the graphics r ridiculous...i cant even imagine a 1080p.... or does it even go up that high?

Yeah, I assume it is upscaled, but it looks great.  I haven't switched it to 720p to compare it though.

Yakuzaice said:
antfromtashkent said:

Yeah, I assume it is upscaled, but it looks great.  I haven't switched it to 720p to compare it though.

if you have a chance please do...... i might have to buy a new tv just for this game lol

I have a quick question, does MGS4 have a European Extreme mode? Where any alerts means game over? I'm about halfway through MGS3 on European Extreme, and boy does it change the game, requiring utmost stealth at every part. Whereas on the other difficulties you can sort of fudge (shoot) your way out of any mistakes you make.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
I have a quick question, does MGS4 have a European Extreme mode? Where any alerts means game over? I'm about halfway through MGS3 on European Extreme, and boy does it change the game, requiring utmost stealth at every part. Whereas on the other difficulties you can sort of fudge (shoot) your way out of any mistakes you make.

Not when you start the game. Maybe its unlocked....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I succumed to the reviews, and popped down to blockbuster, cause they had a £35 deal but they were out of stock... I thought about taking a bus to game, but I feared my trip would be wasted if they too were sold out, so it should come tommorow from amazon, I can't wait
N.B I will definitely be playing in the action way

I don't want to spoil the party, but I've heard a lot of people say GTA4 was the game of the gen, sudden change of opinion? Is it that good? And also why don't reviewers seem to agree?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Best game this gen?  Is it going to even be 9/10 when the smoke settles on reviews?

trestres said:
I don't want to spoil the party, but I've heard a lot of people say GTA4 was the game of the gen, sudden change of opinion? Is it that good? And also why don't reviewers seem to agree?

i finnaly got to play it... i dont care if anyone calls me a fanboy... this game is better than GTA4

@FatJ

same responce lol, the reviewers have been really finniky lately... no matter what they do now someone is going to disagree... this time its going to be me.