By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

@colonel stubbs

No spoilers allowed here.....so I'll message it on your wall.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
akuma587 said:
colonelstubbs said:
CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS THAT SHOULDNT REALLY BE CLASSED AS SPOILERS

Ive got 3 hours into act one....and i have a question for darth and anyone else who is playing the game.

To anyone who has got through all of act 1, when you get out of the crumbling house, and sneak through the giant firefight between the militia and PMC troops, past the snipers and the chopper arrives, has anyone shot down the chopper?

I have thr RPG, and fired a couple of shots....i only ask because ive stopped just after entering the palace thing, and if the chopper can be shot down i want to go back outside and swat the damn thing lol....

Has anyone managed this?

I was able to. I one shotted the thing.

We definitely need an MGO league by the way.  Playing with a team of people you knew during the beta made it SOOOO much more fun.

I absolutely agree. An MGO league would be awesome.

And in-game XMB will help wonders.

antfromtashkent said:
Skeeuk said:
SpartanFX said:
after 3 hours of play,,,I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this game

i m playing a damn brilliant movie,,,yea the graphics are that good ;).

20/10,,,is that possible?

do u have a 5.1 system? the sound is phenominnal(spelling lol) it just rocks the room, i dont think any other system could do this.

did anyone notice that box on act one where it says something like "not hideo in box" lol its full of great gags

"No Place For Hideo"  <<<< XD

They have tons of good stff like that.  Like how Otocan has Policenatus and a Zone of the Endersbackgroudns for his PC.

And I love hwo they reference past games in MGS4, like when Drebin tells Snake about the BnB.  He says something like, "They're filled with never ending pain, fury, and sorrow."

@makingmusic

also on one of the TV's its says

Hideo....so it swaps the V with the H....lol

best game this generation and game of the year for definate, unless it is toppled by little big planet which i also belive will recive a 10

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Never plyaed an MGS 4, but it is still great and really fun, even if it is very cut-scene heavy to begin with. My only problem is that the amount of information is quite overwhelming, like the guns have 5 ratings, and I have no idea what they are. Playing on a SDTV really sucks, cause I can't read half the text properly, like ammo numbers

makingmusic476 said:
antfromtashkent said:
Skeeuk said:
SpartanFX said:
after 3 hours of play,,,I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this game

i m playing a damn brilliant movie,,,yea the graphics are that good ;).

20/10,,,is that possible?

do u have a 5.1 system? the sound is phenominnal(spelling lol) it just rocks the room, i dont think any other system could do this.

did anyone notice that box on act one where it says something like "not hideo in box" lol its full of great gags

"No Place For Hideo" <<<< XD

They have tons of good stff like that. Like how Otocan has Policenatus and a Zone of the Endersbackgroudns for his PC.

And I love hwo they reference past games in MGS4, like when Drebin tells Snake about the BnB. He says something like, "They're filled with never ending pain, fury, and sorrow."

Yea, catching extra stuff like that is pretty cool.

I found it funny to see 'Hideo' on the screen on the TV, similar to the Psyco Mantis battle in the first one, instead of 'video'

Not really a spoiler, but I'll cover it up if anybody wants to notice easter eggs on their own.

I'm through act one and let me just say that this is by far the best MGS already. Even though its an entirely different genre then GTA 4, I think it will take some of the glory from it come awards time. Its least a 9.5 out of 10

Just a side note, did anyone else notice how many times on the initail install that the message of PS3's exclusivity of the game popped up? I think they really want to kill any rumor of a later port haha.

Seriously I've just met EVA now....n the cutscenes cum gameplay that was to follow were the most stylised & fun bits ever.....everything was really slick in a really cool environment n architecture

I can't wait to show this game of to friends./

been playing for 6 hours straight and i can easily say that this is the best game i've ever played. Been playing on hard and had some problem with the controls,so i havent gotten so far though.