By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

There is a walkthrough, but i am not using it.

I just brought it alongside with it because it came with some cool extra's like some artwork, some back stories from the old games.

Good book, i reccomend it.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

I have reached a place where you need to use your equipment, environment n stealth to find someone.....fckin brilliant!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm just past that. :)

Did you enjoy the battle?

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I got my PS3/MGS4 bundle from Wal-Mart at midnight on the 11th (10% discount + free $100 gift card!). I had to go to work at 5am, yesterday, ,but that didn't stop me from hooking up that PS3 and firing up the game. At about 3am I finally finished all of the connecting, system updates, and registering. I inserted my copy of MGS4, and promptly blacked out.

I slipped in about an hour of play yesterday, and was dissapointed, not just with MGS4, but with the PS3 as a whole. I wasn't happy with the interface of the console, or the graphics/gameplay/control of the game.

I am an idiot. Today, I actually set up the resoloution (720p instead of 1080i), and learned how to play the darned game. I am blown away. This game is the highlight of the 7th gen for me! I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Snake.

My kid sister gets married tomorrow. If MGS4 gets much more awesome, I may not be there......

@jessman

yup I did....felt sorry for what I had to do though
____

Just got through THE MOST IMPRESSIVE CHASE Sequence with LOADS of HUGE MACHINES trying to RAM ME

truly a spectacle!!

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
SpartanFX said:
after 3 hours of play,,,I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this game

i m playing a damn brilliant movie,,,yea the graphics are that good ;).

20/10,,,is that possible?

do u have a 5.1 system? the sound is phenominnal(spelling lol) it just rocks the room, i dont think any other system could do this.

did anyone notice that box on act one where it says something like "not hideo in box" lol its full of great gags

"No Place For Hideo"  <<<< XD

^^^I agree with RPGJock. I've owned every non PSP MGS ever, and I wouldn't recommend MGS4 to anyone who isn't a follower of the series. The gameplay is brilliant, but the story is the main event. Newcomers really need to do their homework before tackling this monster. There are fundamentals that need to be learned.

...................I gotta by a keyboard. Posting with a controller is painful!

d21lewis said:
I got my PS3/MGS4 bundle from Wal-Mart at midnight on the 11th (10% discount + free $100 gift card!). I had to go to work at 5am, yesterday, ,but that didn't stop me from hooking up that PS3 and firing up the game. At about 3am I finally finished all of the connecting, system updates, and registering. I inserted my copy of MGS4, and promptly blacked out.

I slipped in about an hour of play yesterday, and was dissapointed, not just with MGS4, but with the PS3 as a whole. I wasn't happy with the interface of the console, or the graphics/gameplay/control of the game.

I am an idiot. Today, I actually set up the resoloution (720p instead of 1080i), and learned how to play the darned game. I am blown away. This game is the highlight of the 7th gen for me! I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Snake.

My kid sister gets married tomorrow. If MGS4 gets much more awesome, I may not be there......

LOL...

Hmmm... MGS4 seems to be such an amazing game... I want it...

Hope a PC version comes out soon >_>

@d21lewis

actually this is the only MGS I would recommend to newcomers....

I mean when my friends come round, they will be going WOW at the grfx, sound, shooting n those crazy huge Mooo'ing machines on screen while I am shooting them from say a big truck and so on....

They will go wow at the style of Raidens entry....I will just skip cutscenes.

Its not like MGS2 where there was cutscene every inch....lol