By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS THAT SHOULDNT REALLY BE CLASSED AS SPOILERS

Ive got 3 hours into act one....and i have a question for darth and anyone else who is playing the game.

To anyone who has got through all of act 1, when you get out of the crumbling house, and sneak through the giant firefight between the militia and PMC troops, past the snipers and the chopper arrives, has anyone shot down the chopper?

I have thr RPG, and fired a couple of shots....i only ask because ive stopped just after entering the palace thing, and if the chopper can be shot down i want to go back outside and swat the damn thing lol....

Has anyone managed this?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:

Ive got 3 hours into act one....and i have a question for darth and anyone else who is playing the game.

To anyone who has got through all of act 1, when you get out of the crumbling house, and sneak through the giant firefight between the militia and PMC troops, past the snipers and the chopper arrives, has anyone shot down the chopper?

I have thr RPG, and fired a couple of shots....i only ask because ive stopped just after entering the palace thing, and if the chopper can be shot down i want to go back outside and swat the damn thing lol....

Has anyone managed this?

I shot chopper down a bit later in the game so im sure its possible

Holy crap, Act 3 Chase scene. Blown away. from scene and detail.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:
Holy crap, Act 3 Chase scene. Blown away. from scene and detail.

LOL you guys are catching up to me XD

colonelstubbs said:

Has anyone managed this?

I was able to. I one shotted the thing.

We definitely need an MGO league by the way.  Playing with a team of people you knew during the beta made it SOOOO much more fun.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Just met Big Mama. Holy shit @ everything she just said. I'm about to face the second boss. I don't want the game to end. Thank you Kojima.

Best game this gen? Sorry there was a Zelda game released on the Wii. Too bad.

But definetly one of the top ones if not #2 itself.

akuma587 said:
colonelstubbs said:

Has anyone managed this?

I was able to. I one shotted the thing.

We definitely need an MGO league by the way.  Playing with a team of people you knew during the beta made it SOOOO much more fun.

I absolutely agree. An MGO league would be awesome.

SlumsofOhio said:
MGS4 is a 9.5 in my book. The ending had quite a bit of useless scenes, and it would have been nice if they actually fixed MGO (Same as the beta, you still need the Konami ID and Game ID, not to mention that if someone else wanted to create another character, you have to purchase it, and it costs $6.99.)

And as for the series:

MGS1: 10

MGS2: 9

MGS3: 8

MGS4: 9.5

Impressive.
My rating for the 3 games would be:

MGS 1 twin snakes: 8.5

MGS 2 : 7.5

MGS 3: 10

We have a big difference in tastes for both being MGS fans. =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:

SlumsofOhio said:
MGS4 is a 9.5 in my book. The ending had quite a bit of useless scenes, and it would have been nice if they actually fixed MGO (Same as the beta, you still need the Konami ID and Game ID, not to mention that if someone else wanted to create another character, you have to purchase it, and it costs $6.99.)

And as for the series:

MGS1: 10

MGS2: 9

MGS3: 8

MGS4: 9.5

Impressive.
My rating for the 3 games would be:

MGS 1 twin snakes: 8.5

MGS 2 : 7.5

MGS 3: 10

We have a big difference in tastes for both being MGS fans. =P

Oh well. MGS1 will be the best in my book. It was the game that got me hooked. As for MGS3, At first I thought it was useless to make in the first place, but, after playing MGS4, It all makes sense now. I'll give MGS3 a 9 instead.