By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

Rainbird said:

Just finished it this morning, and my pores are still excreting pure love for this game. Definetly one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever had, and I will have to play all the other games now (yes, this is my first MGS game).

I love it when it turns out in a movie or a game or a book when it turns out that everything is planned down to massive details. The way that Ocelot "became" Liquid for the sake of Big Boss, awesome.

I am still in awe over this game, brilliant. 10/10

Actually Kojima didn't plan anything with this series. He focused on each games individually, and didn't have some overarching plan for its story.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Rainbird said:

Just finished it this morning, and my pores are still excreting pure love for this game. Definetly one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever had, and I will have to play all the other games now (yes, this is my first MGS game).

I love it when it turns out in a movie or a game or a book when it turns out that everything is planned down to massive details. The way that Ocelot "became" Liquid for the sake of Big Boss, awesome.

I am still in awe over this game, brilliant. 10/10

Actually Kojima didn't plan anything with this series. He focused on each games individually, and didn't have some overarching plan for its story.

Which is why it is even more impressive the way the stories mess together and MGS4 ties up everything.

MGS4=best game this Gen

This is true....so far

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

It's definitely the most polished and cinematic, I'll give it that. It also captures the epic feel that Halo 3 failed to deliver, being the end of the story and all.

But best of the generation? Dunno about that. There are a few games I have played that I would rank with it (Mass Effect, Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy), all for very different reasons.

Still, it's nice to be able to sit back and say "Goddamnit, this is why I dropped all that money on this black monolith."

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
It's definitely the most polished and cinematic, I'll give it that. It also captures the epic feel that Halo 3 failed to deliver, being the end of the story and all.

But best of the generation? Dunno about that. There are a few games I have played that I would rank with it (Mass Effect, Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy), all for very different reasons.

Still, it's nice to be able to sit back and say "Goddamnit, this is why I dropped all that money on this black monolith."

Amen rocketpig amen.

its freaking awsome. but so were bioshock mass effect and gears.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network
rocketpig said:

:O 

No hate? 

This is a rather unexpected (and quite welcome) turn of events. :P

makingmusic476 said:
rocketpig said:

No hate? 

I have plenty of hate for the game but I'm also not afraid to give credit where credit is due. Kojima did a lot of things right with the game. He also did a lot of things wrong but that's another conversation.

I still find it funny that so many people think I hate the PS3 for no reason... I bitched about it because I spent a lot of money on it  and that investment hadn't been repaid in games (on top of Sony being a collection of giant assholes for a good 12 months after launch).

Give me a good game and I'll talk positively about it. I don't care what brand name resides on the console that happens to be playing it. I think Sony fans were simply mad at me because I said something they didn't want to admit: until MGS4, there were no exclusives on the console worth that kind of expenditure.

rocketpig said:
makingmusic476 said:
rocketpig said:

No hate? 

I have plenty of hate for the game but I'm also not afraid to give credit where credit is due. Kojima did a lot of things right with the game. He also did a lot of things wrong but that's another conversation.

I still find it funny that so many people think I hate the PS3 for no reason... I bitched about it because I spent a lot of money on it  and that investment hadn't been repaid in games (on top of Sony being a collection of giant assholes for a good 12 months after launch).

Give me a good game and I'll talk positively about it. I don't care what brand name resides on the console that happens to be playing it.

This has nothing to do with the ps3.

It's your MGS2 hate that made think you wouldn't look too fondly upon MGS4. :P

Ah, okay. Yeah, I hated a lot of MGS2. It's amazing what not making me play as That Whiny Bitch Raiden can do for a game.

If his girl didn't follow him wherever he went, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Glad he left her, lol. Though after all the trouble they went through, I have to say I was surprised it happened.