By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

hmm..oh well. Pretty Good is good enough for me....I hope

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

What? You mean the guy with eight different advertisements for Metal Gear Solid in his sig thinks that the game is really good?!

Seriously, enjoy the game and have a great time. There are few better feelings in gaming than opening up a new title in one of your favorite series and experiencing it for the first time.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

It's so awesome.

That's abotu all I can say right now. I only just got to Drebin, lol.

I can't believe I chose further education over this. Still, I will be able to pick it up on tuesday after my last exam

antfromtashkent said:
i have a question... did anyone play it on a 1080p tv? because on my 720p the graphics r ridiculous...i cant even imagine a 1080p.... or does it even go up that high?

I did. I used an XBR4. It's not worth it.
1080P shows jaggies.
I was surprised at how good people's faces and hair looked though.
I couldn't stop staring at *veryminorspoiler* Debrin's Hair.
It's so curly. O_O 

I've only put like 2 hours in but I'm not impressed... yet(hopefully).
Though I gotta admit the atmosphere is great.
Especially right at the start when the *veryminorspoiler* Gekkos  appeared.
I was actually sorta scared( I try not to realize I'm playing a game)...
The sound is also great.

Question though, did anyone understand that weird commercial(?) at the beginning where 2 giant women with machine guns danced around followed by a giant mask? Or is that part of the plot? (I hope not)

Edit:Ack.. Anyone want to tutor me about the highlighter tool?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
It's so awesome.

That's abotu all I can say right now. I only just got to Drebin, lol.
Haha, But you we're playing before me and I stopped before you.
How are we in the same spot? =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
antfromtashkent said:
i have a question... did anyone play it on a 1080p tv? because on my 720p the graphics r ridiculous...i cant even imagine a 1080p.... or does it even go up that high?

I did. I used an XBR4. It's not worth it.
1080P shows jaggies.
I was surprised at how good people's faces and hair looked though.
I couldn't stop staring at *veryminorspoiler* Debrin's Hair.
It's so curly. O_O 

I've only put like 2 hours in but I'm not impressed... yet(hopefully).
Though I gotta admit the atmosphere is great.
Especially right at the start when the *veryminorspoiler* Gekkos  appeared.
I was actually sorta scared( I try not to realize I'm playing a game)...
The sound is also great.

Question though, did anyone understand that weird commercial(?) at the beginning where 2 giant women with machine guns danced around followed by a giant mask? Or is that part of the plot? (I hope not)

Edit:Ack.. Anyone want to tutor me about the highlighter tool?

Commercial with 2 giant women?

I saw some wierd commercial about some Praying Mantis defense system. Also one of someone cooking eggs.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

well my cousin got it today it looked like a good game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Euphoria14 said:

Commercial with 2 giant women?

I saw some wierd commercial about some Praying Mantis defense system. Also one of someone cooking eggs.

Yes 2 giant (real) women fighting cgi tanks that were as small as toys.
Then a giant mask pops out of nowhere...

I remember the eggs.
That girl did NOT know how to cook sunny side up eggs!

I liked the octopus documentary video though, with all the colorful maps and all. ^_^

Domo-Kun said:
Well, let's not start patting ourselves on the back quite yet.

Superior hardware with one good exclusive does not make an absolute win. (Saturn anyone?)

True enough, but R&C and Resistance were "good exclusives."  (And Resistance was the second best launch title this gen.) 

*This* is MGS4.