By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 not getting released on Playstation 3

CrazzyMan said:
i have a question, why do you care THIS much???
i mean game is coming some time in 2009, maybe after ONE year.
What the point now to discuss and what??? IN ONE year MANY things CAN CHANGE.

It`s NOT big deal, since PS3 is getting FFXIII and FFXIIIv!
BEST rpgs, TOP sellers.
FF game can sell 5-10 mln. SO4 at best case 1 mln. LTD.

Just USE your brains, it`s just a Star Ocean game - NOTHING comapred to Final Fantasy.

But for xbox fans it has become like second coming of Jesus.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
i have a question, why do you care THIS much???
i mean game is coming some time in 2009, maybe after ONE year.
What the point now to discuss and what??? IN ONE year MANY things CAN CHANGE.

It`s NOT big deal, since PS3 is getting FFXIII and FFXIIIv!
BEST rpgs, TOP sellers.
FF game can sell 5-10 mln. SO4 at best case 1 mln. LTD.

Just USE your brains, it`s just a Star Ocean game - NOTHING comapred to Final Fantasy.

I bolded that part because your certainly right, many things can change seeing how FFXIII can be a timed exclusive...you never know...and Star Ocean might not be a franchise that is compared to Final Fantasy, but its the principal that Microsoft and Square Enix are working close and getting a better relationship.

I really love the worlds SE creates. There are only two things I do not like about their games.

The characters: Androgynous semi-male protagonists are an annoying Japanese abomination.

The gameplay: Its an JRPG. A feeble excuse to tell a story.

Why do they never make a game with their amazing artistic capabilities? A space-shooter would be cool or an Action-Adventure or FPS or something. Just not another freaking JRPG.

@Bingoo

WTF?

you didn't see Auron whining about FF13 being a PS3 exclusive this morning did you

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ecurbj said:
Riachu said:

I have a feeling S-E are experimenting with the market potenial of JRPGs on the 360 by releasing some on the platform. Lost Odyssey proved there is a decent market for them on the 360. However, it is possible for it to be expanded and that is probably what S-E is trying to do

Exactly my point. Square Enix as you said sees that there is a JRPG market for the Xbox 360 crowd and they are trying to target it since the PS3 isn't doing anything as far as hardware is concerned to them.

The 360 is doing very well in the West and S-E also want to increase the amount of renvue they get from there.  Releasing JRPGs help diversify the game library which will inturn ncrease the userbase of the 360(though it is not all that necessary right now).  They don't want to risk FF, DQ, or KH though so they take less popular series(don't get me wrong, the SO series is actually fairly popular) and new IPs

Around the Network
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Riachu said:
This is bad. PS3 fanboys are going to start bashing this game before it even comes out

Really? I've been looking forward to this game. Star Ocean is my favorite RPG...no way I would bash it. Granted I'm a little disappointed I have to shell out some money for a 360 before 2009 because of MS's moneyhatting....that doesn't mean I think the game is going to be bad. Don't generalize PS3 fans by calling them fanboys.

yup what he said.

Ima ps3 fanboy but i have all 3 systems and all my fav games. I love my 360 and if ps3 version is not annouced soon i will get this for 360 and have just as much fun.

Riachu said:
ecurbj said:
Riachu said:

I have a feeling S-E are experimenting with the market potenial of JRPGs on the 360 by releasing some on the platform. Lost Odyssey proved there is a decent market for them on the 360. However, it is possible for it to be expanded and that is probably what S-E is trying to do

Exactly my point. Square Enix as you said sees that there is a JRPG market for the Xbox 360 crowd and they are trying to target it since the PS3 isn't doing anything as far as hardware is concerned to them.

The 360 is doing very well in the West and S-E also want to increase the amount of renvue they get from there.  Releasing JRPGs help diversify the game library which will inturn ncrease the userbase of the 360(though it is not all that necessary right now).  They don't want to risk FF, DQ, or KH though so they take less popular series(don't get me wrong, the SO series is actually fairly popular) and new IPs

I completely agree with your post.

Plus, I would like to add to your post, once Square Enix realizes that their is a possible RPG market within the Xbox 360 that is being built. Square Enix can then or probably will go and make future sequels of their games either multi-platform or timed exclusive on the Xbox 360 or PS3, vice-versa :)

but they say at the present time they have no intention that could always change

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Dno said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Riachu said:
This is bad. PS3 fanboys are going to start bashing this game before it even comes out

Really? I've been looking forward to this game. Star Ocean is my favorite RPG...no way I would bash it. Granted I'm a little disappointed I have to shell out some money for a 360 before 2009 because of MS's moneyhatting....that doesn't mean I think the game is going to be bad. Don't generalize PS3 fans by calling them fanboys.

yup what he said.

Ima ps3 fanboy but i have all 3 systems and all my fav games. I love my 360 and if ps3 version is not annouced soon i will get this for 360 and have just as much fun.

Same here too, bro. I have all 3 and I like the Xbox 360 version of multi-platforms game better than choosing the PS3 version. Just for the simple fact:

-achievements
-and I know extra content will be delievered

Kinda how Lost Odyssey has and Blue Dragon does too.

I know I will enjoy this game, I never played the previous Star Ocean's, but I'm thinking about finding them and playing them on the PS3 sometime in the coming months.

But this will probably certainly grab me into this franchise. I already like the screen shots. I made one the screen shots my default avatar for this site :D

@ecurbj

but when FF13 will probably outsell these 360 RPG's in 1 week itself S-E may think otherwise.....also when some random Wii RPg becomes a cult success they will think otherwise.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey