By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 not getting released on Playstation 3

ecurbj said:
^^

It's taking a hell a lot of time for them to announce it!! I think it won't happen...

Regardless once those titles make it to the PS3, it won't boost anything considering the hype is already lost due to the game already released on the Xbox 360.

QFT. If it goes to PS3 eventually...I'll wait I guess, but this isn't going to boost the PS3 JRPG-wise when the 360 had it first. I wouldn't be as dissapointed if they were to both release at the same time(if it is even going to the PS3 at all) rather than being a timed-exclusive. But it being a timed-exclusive is NOT good for the PS3. You would get the people that already have the PS3...but you wouldn't get anybody buying the console for the game. The only thing that's going to raise the PS3 JRPG-wise is the FF games coming.

Still, this is a LARGE blow to Sony. It's sad to me that SCEJ isn't doing a damned thing. 

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
^^

It's taking a hell a lot of time for them to announce it!! I think it won't happen...

Regardless once those titles make it to the PS3, it won't boost anything considering the hype is already lost due to the game already released on the Xbox 360.

You're right, the damage has till been done, but I would rather get the game later than never.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Well, seeing as that I'll be able to play all of these games, I'm not too sad about this, but I'm sure some PS3 owners probably are.

PS3 has no JRPGs out, and it's a shame since it's predecessor was THE JRPG console to beat last gen.

Now a company that has virtually no presence in Japan is taking all the JRPGs.

Crazy.

Pristine20 said:
Golvellius said:

http://messages.yahoo.co.jp/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1009684&tid=a5a8a5ka5ca5afa59&sid=1009684&mid=34754

お問い合わせの件につきまして、現在「スターオーシャン
-THE LAST HOPE-」を“PLAYSTATION 3”で発売する予定は
ございません。

Roughly translated this means:

Concerning the inquiries, at the present time we have no intention of releasing "Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope" on "Playstation 3".

Wow, I never realized that there were so many star ocean fans. SO3 was sub-par in my opinion even though I dived head first because it was published by S-E. I think people spend so much time bickering over games that most don't even buy topics they need to fan the fire of the console war. Have fun arguing guys.

SO3 was flawed but still very enjoyable IMO though everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Star Ocean is a well-regarded RPG series, of course it has many fans. I don't buy games just because SE publishes them. In fact, many of their games haven't been all that great anyway. Don't get me wrong, they released good games too. i.e. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, FFX, SO3(though some will probably disagree), DQVIII(wasn't my cup of tea but not bad at all)

This generation gets more interesting by the day.
E3 is near.
I can't wait.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
ecurbj said:
^^

You're right, the damage has till been done, but I would rather get the game later than never.

I hope you PS3-only users do get the game, but I just have this feeling that its more than likely going to be pushed back something terribly.

I mean look at Eternal Sonata, its being released in Japan but no worldwide release date for Europe or America. And Ace Combat 6 I believe is a exclusive to the Xbox 360, and then Star Ocean 4 well I think it will probably come out sometime when Final Fantasy XIII releases or sometime after or before. 

It's a shame looking at how the succesor to an RPG's console (PS2) isn't doing or getting the respect it deserves :(

ecurbj said:
akuma587 said:
ecurbj said:
^^

I hope you PS3-only users do get the game, but I just have this feeling that its more than likely going to be pushed back something terribly.

I mean look at Eternal Sonata, its being released in Japan but no worldwide release date for Europe or America. And Ace Combat 6 I believe is a exclusive to the Xbox 360, and then Star Ocean 4 well I think it will probably come out sometime when Final Fantasy XIII releases or sometime after or before. 

It's a shame looking at how the succesor to an RPG's console (PS2) isn't doing or getting the respect it deserves :(

Yeah...money can do pretty much anything in today's world though.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
ecurbj said:
akuma587 said:
ecurbj said:
^^

I have a feeling the PS3 will get SO4 eventually and I hope it does.  360 owners aren't the only ones who deserve to play JRPGs

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
ecurbj said:
akuma587 said:
ecurbj said:
^^

And Microsoft is using their money good, stealing all of the excellent JRPG's and getting them exclusive on their console first.

Maybe things can turn around for the PS3 in the coming years. It just was surprising to see that Star Ocean 4 was exclusive and its a Microsoft console let alone Square Enix annoucing it...lol

Whether it is a full exclusive or timed exclusive, I'll be buying it on the 360 now. It was the final straw for me. I'm sick of Sony thinking I'll wait forever to play these games. I did that for Eternal Sonata and now it appears it won't even be coming to the US...way to mislead your loyal customers Sony.

And then after Eternal Sonata comes Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, then Last Remnant is a timed exclusive now too....then SO4. Sony has taken a big dump of poop on the heads of all its loyal diehards like me from over the years. Slap me once, I'll take it...slap me twice and I'll boot your ass to the highway....

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450