By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 not getting released on Playstation 3

@psrock

S-E won't risk FF on the 360....they WILL make a FF13 spin-off for it though....but that won't do much

the main game won't be brought out

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Crazzyman

I dont see why you are lauding these games though.

Tears of Tiara, Cross Edge and Disgaea 3 are very Japanese-centric (lots of Japanese nuances and humour the West wont understand, just look at the Disgaea trailers), and there is a very high chance that the first two wont be localised for the West, or we are looking at 2009 at the earliest (if any Western publishers even wants to bother).
Source = GamesTM (UK multiplatform print magazine)

Eternal Sonata is officially not coming out in the West for now. Source= Namco Bandai US spokesman
http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/02/namco-bandai-eternal-sonata-ps3-japan-only/

I know what youre going to say, its only a statement, and 'for now'. But please, I would be more worried than anything because it takes time for publishers to do deals and I firmly believe that whoever publishes this for PS3 in the West is going to lose money. If this was such a financial hotcake, someone would have grabbed it ages ago.

And by the way JRPGs and JSRPGs are different genres. Everyone here is talking about JRPGs. If you want to add JSRPGs then you have to add Culdcept Saga, Operation Darkness and Spectral Force on the 360 list.

I wish you would put yourself in the shoes of the JRPG gamer (you can see their posts and feelings here on VGChartz).

EaglesEye379 said:
@ darth, Crazzyman

As much as you guys want to compare sales of FF and SO, the fact of the matter is that alot of JRPG gamers who own a PS3 now are basically pissed off.

One sells 5m, one sells 1m, who f cares if you are seeing your fellow PS3 owners showing their honest feelings right here on VGChartz about the lack of JRPGs.

Frankly (and I know this will grate you) I cant even imagine life without my 360 as I have a JRPG pang once every 3 months at least.

Gotta agree with him. I'm pissed, I'm more than pissed. I've never hated MS more than I do now. Same goes for SCEJ. And you know what? Screw FF. It's overrated. SO is much better.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

why is this such a big deal? i though the Star Ocean games only sold like 1,2m copies?

@Lone_Canis_Lupus

don't worry the plan to kill SCEJ is going forward really well....

@Ps360

exactly for me SO is so overrated n FF is the best...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
why is this such a big deal? i though the Star Ocean games only sold like 1,2m copies?
SO isn't and probably never will be a mega-hit franchise like FF.  However, among hardcore gamers(JRPG fans in particular), Star Ocean is a very well-regarded series.

PS360ForTheWin said:

It's not about how much a game sells but how good a game is. Star Ocean is a very good series and for PS3 to loose exclusivity of it sure makes some people pissed off.

lolita said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

It's not about how much a game sells but how good a game is. Star Ocean is a very good series and for PS3 to loose exclusivity of it sure makes some people pissed off.

SO4 is going to be on the PS3 anyway. Does it really matter if it is exclusive? Star Ocean is a good series and hopefully it will stay that way. S-E will surely announce a PS3 version at TGS(E3 if we're lucky enough).

Locking this thread, for two reasons:

1) We have another thread about this topic with a less inflammatory title
2) This really shouldn't be a productive avenue of discussion anyway. "Games [Platform X] is NOT getting" is just a mean spirited idea -- in the future, stick to titles like "Star Ocean 4 to 360" rather than "Star Ocean 4 NOT going to PS3!"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

OK, then please lock the other one as well.
Bad timing I guess ;)