By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 not getting released on Playstation 3

darthdevidem01 said:
@ecurbj

but when FF13 will probably outsell these 360 RPG's in 1 week itself S-E may think otherwise.....also when some random Wii RPg becomes a cult success they will think otherwise.

And I completely understand that, but that gives Square Enix not only Wii or PS3 but also gives an American console which is the Xbox 360 more ground in Japan and more Japanese developer support than what Microsoft had the last previous years.

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
Dno said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Riachu said:
This is bad. PS3 fanboys are going to start bashing this game before it even comes out

Really? I've been looking forward to this game. Star Ocean is my favorite RPG...no way I would bash it. Granted I'm a little disappointed I have to shell out some money for a 360 before 2009 because of MS's moneyhatting....that doesn't mean I think the game is going to be bad. Don't generalize PS3 fans by calling them fanboys.

yup what he said.

Ima ps3 fanboy but i have all 3 systems and all my fav games. I love my 360 and if ps3 version is not annouced soon i will get this for 360 and have just as much fun.

Same here too, bro. I have all 3 and I like the Xbox 360 version of multi-platforms game better than choosing the PS3 version. Just for the simple fact:

-achievements
-and I know extra content will be delievered

Kinda how Lost Odyssey has and Blue Dragon does too.

I know I will enjoy this game, I never played the previous Star Ocean's, but I'm thinking about finding them and playing them on the PS3 sometime in the coming months.

But this will probably certainly grab me into this franchise. I already like the screen shots. I made one the screen shots my default avatar for this site :D

It's very cool that developers can now add extra content to their games even after they are released.  It'll add a little extra replay value to them

@Raichu

I know, bro...Seeing how they can add extra side-quests to extend the length of the game more or even for the Xbox 360, more achievements to unlock.

@ecurbj

more ground??

it would be much more wise to put them on PS3 as it atleast has a chance of gaining ground Japan....

I am not trying to sound overly arrogant here...don't get me wrong

but if S-E wanted a large userbase for when FF13 released they should've taken steps to make it large....they aren't doing that right now with these new titles on 360..

Also now S-E have a 08 Party in August with suddenly titles being shown that are only on PS3, PSP & DS .....this is one of the most confused companies I've seen or the SQUARE side & ENIX side still make different decisions within...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@ecurbj

more ground??

it would be much more wise to put them on PS3 as it atleast has a chance of gaining ground Japan....

but if S-E wanted a large userbase for when FF13 released they should've taken steps to make it large....they aren't doing that right now with these new titles on 360..

Also now S-E have a 08 Party in August with suddenly titles being shown that are only on PS3, PSP & DS .....this is one of the most confused companies I've seen or the SQUARE side & ENIX side still make different decisions within...

Yeah of course the PS3 but also the 360. Your missing my whole post and point, bro.

I understand the PS3 might have a larger base in Japan but the PS3 is week in America. The 360 already has a built and will more than likely improve userbase. That is why Square Enix is attacking or should I say testing the 360 userbase to see if any of their titles will actually catch on and so they can at least create a JRPG userbase to release future titles to.

I truly think that FFXIII will increase hardware in Japan for the PS3, but not by much.

I like their decisions, you just don't like seeing how they are supporting a platform you never thought they would of supported. And now that the 360 is gaining Japanese support your surprised.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@ecurbj

more ground??

We should let the JRPGs come out first before we say whether or not there is a market for JRPGs on the 360.  FFXIII will definitely sell better they those three will combined.  People though Lost Odyssey was going to bomb but it didn't.

@Raichu

I just think Darth is putting FFXIII on a peddle stool. Which it deserves to be, but I don't think FFXIII will solely make the PS3 "OMGoodness!!!!!" in Japan.

@Riachu

LO didn't bomb?? being a Sakaguchi game...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ecurbj said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@ecurbj

more ground??

Yeah of course the PS3 but also the 360. Your missing my whole post and point, bro.

I understand the PS3 might have a larger base in Japan but the PS3 is week in America. The 360 already has a built and will more than likely improve userbase. That is why Square Enix is attacking or should I say testing the 360 userbase to see if any of their titles will actually catch on and so they can at least create a JRPG userbase to release future titles to.

I truly think that FFXIII will increase hardware in Japan for the PS3, but not by much.

I like their decisions, you just don't like seeing how they are supporting a platform you never thought they would of supported. And now that the 360 is gaining Japanese support your surprised.

Those games have some chance of catching on since they will have 'Square Enix' printed on the game cases.  Also, a little marketing wouldn't hurt.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

LO didn't bomb?? being a Sakaguchi game...

That's correct, Lost Odyssey did not bomb...being as though it was a new IP and was a new try and was a new Xbox 360 title being released in Japan and America.