By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 not getting released on Playstation 3

darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

LO didn't bomb?? being a Sakaguchi game...
The game would have done EVEN better if it was called 'Hironobu Sakaguchi's Lost Odyssey' instead of just 'Lost Odyssey'

Around the Network

@ecurbj

ofcourse it won't.......PS3 will do bad in Japan I have accepted that unless FF13 becomes very revolutionary or something like that n so on...

anyway I feel we have gone enough off topic.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Riachu said:
ecurbj said:

Yeah of course the PS3 but also the 360. Your missing my whole post and point, bro.

I understand the PS3 might have a larger base in Japan but the PS3 is week in America. The 360 already has a built and will more than likely improve userbase. That is why Square Enix is attacking or should I say testing the 360 userbase to see if any of their titles will actually catch on and so they can at least create a JRPG userbase to release future titles to.

I truly think that FFXIII will increase hardware in Japan for the PS3, but not by much.

I like their decisions, you just don't like seeing how they are supporting a platform you never thought they would of supported. And now that the 360 is gaining Japanese support your surprised.

Those games have some chance of catching on since they will have 'Square Enix' printed on the game cases.  Also, a little marketing wouldn't hurt.

Your certainly correct, all it takes is for Square Enix/Microsoft to market those games well and "WOW!!!", there you go Japanese RPG's that catch both the American and Japanese market.

darthdevidem01 said:
@ecurbj

ofcourse it won't.......PS3 will do bad in Japan I have accepted that unless FF13 becomes very revolutionary or something like that n so on...

anyway I feel we have gone enough off topic.

We didn't go off topic not necessarily. We are discussing JRPG's in general.

The PS3 is not a failure, but it is a familiar to deliever what the PS2 did and what the Xbox 360 is doing. 

The Xbox 360 is kinda outshining the PS3 from reaching its PS2 moments that could happen but can't considering Microsoft catch on the Japanese developers.

ecurbj said:
Riachu said:
ecurbj said:

Yeah of course the PS3 but also the 360. Your missing my whole post and point, bro.

I understand the PS3 might have a larger base in Japan but the PS3 is week in America. The 360 already has a built and will more than likely improve userbase. That is why Square Enix is attacking or should I say testing the 360 userbase to see if any of their titles will actually catch on and so they can at least create a JRPG userbase to release future titles to.

I truly think that FFXIII will increase hardware in Japan for the PS3, but not by much.

I like their decisions, you just don't like seeing how they are supporting a platform you never thought they would of supported. And now that the 360 is gaining Japanese support your surprised.

Those games have some chance of catching on since they will have 'Square Enix' printed on the game cases. Also, a little marketing wouldn't hurt.

Your certainly correct, all it takes is for Square Enix/Microsoft to market those games well and "WOW!!!", there you go Japanese RPG's that catch both the American and Japanese market.

Many people in America just don't know that there are other decent JRPG series other than FF and KH in existence.  Maybe that will change sooner or later.

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
CrazzyMan said:
i have a question, why do you care THIS much???
i mean game is coming some time in 2009, maybe after ONE year.
What the point now to discuss and what??? IN ONE year MANY things CAN CHANGE.

It`s NOT big deal, since PS3 is getting FFXIII and FFXIIIv!
BEST rpgs, TOP sellers.
FF game can sell 5-10 mln. SO4 at best case 1 mln. LTD.

Just USE your brains, it`s just a Star Ocean game - NOTHING comapred to Final Fantasy.

I bolded that part because your certainly right, many things can change seeing how FFXIII can be a timed exclusive...you never know...and Star Ocean might not be a franchise that is compared to Final Fantasy, but its the principal that Microsoft and Square Enix are working close and getting a better relationship.

BUT you FAIL.

1) how many 50GB taking PS3 games were ported to x360? 0.
2) how many PS3 games at all were ported to x360? 0.

+ on last closed show, where was FFXIII, it was not just "For Playstation 3". It was "For Playstation 3 ONLY".

LAST FACT. How many x360 has 3rd party exclusive jrpg after 2,5 years released? Answer is 0. ONLY jrpg published by M$ stay exclusive.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@Ecurbj

Its not a failure thanks to us in EUrope....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CrazzyMan said:
ecurbj said:
CrazzyMan said:

BEST rpgs, TOP sellers.

Just USE your brains, it`s just a Star Ocean game - NOTHING comapred to Final Fantasy.

I bolded that part because your certainly right, many things can change seeing how FFXIII can be a timed exclusive...you never know...and Star Ocean might not be a franchise that is compared to Final Fantasy, but its the principal that Microsoft and Square Enix are working close and getting a better relationship.

BUT you FAIL.

+ on last closed show, where was FFXIII, it was not just "For Playstation 3". It was "For Playstation 3 ONLY".

LAST FACT. How many x360 has 3rd party exclusive jrpg after 2,5 years released? Answer is 0. ONLY jrpg published by M$ stay exclusive.

I won't mind whether Star Ocean 4 stays exclusive or not.  What matters is that it is a good game.

CrazzyMan said:
ecurbj said:
CrazzyMan said:

BEST rpgs, TOP sellers.

BUT you FAIL.

LAST FACT. How many x360 has 3rd party exclusive jrpg after 2,5 years released? Answer is 0. ONLY jrpg published by M$ stay exclusive.

I actually don't fail...Your right and you answered all the questions for me...but can you answer this:

Where are the JRPG's for the PS3?

I don't want future releases (FFXIII or White Knight Story)...I want titles that are released now that are JRPG's..

darthdevidem01 said:
@Ecurbj

Its not a failure thanks to us in EUrope....lol
JRPGs other than FF and KH don't sell very well in Europe.  Lost Odyssey sold more than twice the number of copies in North America as it did in Europe.