By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Hd wii game?

Who knows what the Wii is actually capable of, especially when we're constantly being fed with Imagine: Dogz
and Make Belief: Poo games that hardly look look better than your average DS game.

Although i am going to be cautious with this one and say that the pics are upscaled.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

Wow even if this isn't hd the game did improve alot from this.
See More Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Screenshot at IGN.com

breadie2 said:
I think the screenshot is upscaled to higher resolution. Wii only outputs at 480p max.

Do you even know what 480p stands for?

Ignoring any Nintendo introduced block, the Wii can output at 1080p if it wished to

What the Wii cannot do is run at 1080p at any respectable framerate

scottie said:
breadie2 said:
I think the screenshot is upscaled to higher resolution. Wii only outputs at 480p max.

Do you even know what 480p stands for?

Ignoring any Nintendo introduced block, the Wii can output at 720p/1080i if it wished to

What the Wii cannot do is run at 1080p at any respectable framerate

Fixed? Right?  I agree, but I would rather it not be hd at all. Maybe like sub hd, but not above 720p like this. 

breadie2 said:

I'm a european: my Wii outputs 576 lines.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Does anybody have examples of other wii games that were upscaled to look better on the pc screen? Why don't they upscale all wii screens?

The game is not HD. The larger graphics get sent out to Print mags and they often get recycled off to Internet game sites. Obviously print mags require much larger images to work from.

IGN spoke about this in the past and how it's very misleading. Scarface on the Wii also has many High Res images which never matured into higher resolution in the game.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
The game is not HD. The larger graphics get sent out to Print mags and they often get recycled off to Internet game sites. Obviously print mags require much larger images to work from.

IGN spoke about this in the past and how it's very misleading. Scarface on the Wii also has many High Res images which never matured into higher resolution in the game.

Yeah, I figured they were upscaled, after seeing that the ps360 versions were 720p,and these are above 720p.Still looks nice though.

They're called bullshots, and companies release them all the time. Screenshots touched up to look better than the actual end product the system can produce.

AFAIK, all Wii games so far have native rendering resolution of 640 x 448 (according to the same guys at Beyond3D that do the pixel counting). So a fair bet that any Wii screenshots at much higher resolutions are bullshots.

lazybum131 said:
They're called bullshots, and companies release them all the time. Screenshots touched up to look better than the actual end product the system can produce.

AFAIK, all Wii games so far have native rendering resolution of 640 x 448 (according to the same guys at Beyond3D that do the pixel counting). So a fair bet that any Wii screenshots at much higher resolutions are bullshots.

Actually it's 800x480. I think.