By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 PC Demo now available

Woohoo!  The demo for the much-anticipated enhanced PC version of DMC4 is now available for download.  Download it here.  I'll post my impressions after I've downloaded and played it.  It should be obvious, but I'll mention it anyway: You will want a gamepad for this game.  I use a wired Xbox 360 controller that plugs right into my USB port on my PC. 

Info on the PC version: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38237/Devil-May-Cry-4-PC-More-Than-A-Port

Good things come to those who wait as PC owners will benefit from having more modes and more visual customisation options to help enhance their demon-slaying action. Turbo mode will turn up the action to insane speeds, while Legendary Dark Knight Mode will harness advanced PC processing power and fill the screen with an unbelievable number of enemies for extra difficulty. Moreover, familiar enemies from the console versions will show-up in new locations in the PC version. The high resolution screen settings allow the cut scenes of the game to run at up to 120 frames per second (up from 30 frames per second in the console version of the game). Slider options are available to manage various visual effects seen throughout the game. Devil May Cry 4 for the PC will have both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 modes and will also be compliant with the Games For Windows program.

Around the Network

*goes to download it*

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

what are the system requirements?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i will get it, if the ps3 and x360 can run this game, my pc will not have a problem

ssj12 said:
what are the system requirements?

Devil May Cry 4
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz
Memory: 512 MB (1 GB for Vista)
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia GeForce 6600 SM3 Required)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO
Memory: 1 GB (2 GB for Vista)
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free
Video Memory: 512 MB (nVidia GeForce 8600)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Around the Network

I'm glad I upgraded my video card.

Not that the old x800 was so bad, it was an XL with 256 MB, but it was the last of the shader model 2 cards, so all these new games wouldn't run, other than Valve games hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Why would I want a game Pad for this game? Is the mouse control converstion that bad?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

i will get this now, still have pc version of devil may cry 3, i hope its better port then that

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Venji said:
Why would I want a game Pad for this game? Is the mouse control converstion that bad?

I haven't played it yet, but given the complexity of DMC4's controls on consoles I'm guessing the conversion won't be great.  

8GB demo?! Wtf? So much for "DVD's are big enough" I guess... ?