By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 PC Demo now available

BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:
BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:
i have played tjis demo and the ps3 demo. to be honest whilst playing the ga,e i dont think i noticed any improvement graphically. however, i know that if i were to get the ps3 and the pc version side by side i will be able to see the ps3 version looks crap in comp.
i had all the settings maxed out. frame rate was locked at 75.05 or something like that. it would not go any higer for some reason when all on full settings.

could be the vertical sync if you have that enabled.

Yh i do have that enabled. what does it do anyway.

EDITED. Never mind, i have googled it lol

You'll want to keep vsync on anyway.  Without it you could get screen tearing, where with fast movements you might see two halves of a frame at once because your monitor can't refresh as fast.

It'll decrease performance slightly to enable Vsync, and it'll essentially lock down your FPS...but for most games you can get pretty annoying screen tearing without it.   75 fps is excellent anyway...

Yeah.  That's a nice rig.  I have a budget gaming PC and like I said I was only getting ~30 on max.   

Around the Network
naznatips said:
BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:
BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:
i have played tjis demo and the ps3 demo. to be honest whilst playing the ga,e i dont think i noticed any improvement graphically. however, i know that if i were to get the ps3 and the pc version side by side i will be able to see the ps3 version looks crap in comp.
i had all the settings maxed out. frame rate was locked at 75.05 or something like that. it would not go any higer for some reason when all on full settings.

could be the vertical sync if you have that enabled.

Yh i do have that enabled. what does it do anyway.

EDITED. Never mind, i have googled it lol

You'll want to keep vsync on anyway. Without it you could get screen tearing, where with fast movements you might see two halves of a frame at once because your monitor can't refresh as fast.

It'll decrease performance slightly to enable Vsync, and it'll essentially lock down your FPS...but for most games you can get pretty annoying screen tearing without it. 75 fps is excellent anyway...

Yeah. That's a nice rig. I have a budget gaming PC and like I said I was only getting ~30 on max.

Well the ps360 is said to be about medium settings and at 30fps, correct me if i am wrong. So would that really make them to consoles like really crap for performance. i think my pc could easilly get way over 100fps no probs on those settings, i will check in a min and post what me get, surely the ps360 must be like high settings, not very high tho

Cool. I'll have to download the demo tomorrow.

Getting a steam release?

naznatips said:
Played the boss fight (Execution mode). It was fun, but for all intents and purposes this is the same game as DMC3 and DMC1. Better graphics, basically identical gameplay. Still, I'll probably pick it up.

yeah it is identical gameplay wise to them,thats why im not picking it up

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Wow this game is well optimized.

1440x900
8x AA
and everything on Super High and i get 100 FPS (without VSync) and 60 FPS with Vsync.

And it looks much better than the PS3 version.

Getting it for sure.

Cougarman said:
i just found out the demo is 10 minutes long, i think i am gonna wait for the full game

That's how long the 360 demo was too, 10 min. (not sure about the PS3 demo?)

I might dl the demo just to see how it looks on my pc. I already own the 360 game, so...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

this is how "ports" should be done, and not like DMC3 SE :P
and yeah, it runs nicely, but just confirmed that I don't like this kind of hack'n'slash at all, too repetitive for me.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:
this is how "ports" should be done, and not like DMC3 SE :P
and yeah, it runs nicely, but just confirmed that I don't like this kind of hack'n'slash at all, too repetitive for me.

This really isn't hack-and-slash.  This isn't God of War.  You can't beat this game with button mashing.  It takes a good combination of combos and moves to stand even a slight chance of surviving (even on the easy difficulties).