By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 PC Demo now available

Great to see my shitty old PC can run it. I will save that upgrade for Valve games.

Can I use any gamepad? I got an accessory that plugs my PS2 controller on the PC. There is no way I will waste 40-50 bucks on a 360 controller.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Ran at 30FPS on max. Lowered everything to high and it was more like 50-60. Medium is about console level.

Okay, so 8GB is the whole version then. It could've been bigger, Dark Messiah and Crysis demo's were huuuuuuuge!

Mummelmann said:
8GB demo?! Wtf? So much for "DVD's are big enough" I guess... ?

You do realize that there's a 360 version of the whole game, right?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Pretty fun. Didn't make it to the boss fight the first time before the 10 minutes ran out. I'll try it again later. I'll probably buy it.

Around the Network

i have played tjis demo and the ps3 demo. to be honest whilst playing the ga,e i dont think i noticed any improvement graphically. however, i know that if i were to get the ps3 and the pc version side by side i will be able to see the ps3 version looks crap in comp.
i had all the settings maxed out. frame rate was locked at 75.05 or something like that. it would not go any higer for some reason when all on full settings.

obieslut said:
i have played tjis demo and the ps3 demo. to be honest whilst playing the ga,e i dont think i noticed any improvement graphically. however, i know that if i were to get the ps3 and the pc version side by side i will be able to see the ps3 version looks crap in comp.
i had all the settings maxed out. frame rate was locked at 75.05 or something like that. it would not go any higer for some reason when all on full settings.

could be the vertical sync if you have that enabled.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:

Yh i do have that enabled. what does it do anyway.

EDITED. Never mind, i have googled it lol 

Played the boss fight (Execution mode). It was fun, but for all intents and purposes this is the same game as DMC3 and DMC1. Better graphics, basically identical gameplay. Still, I'll probably pick it up.

obieslut said:
BenKenobi88 said:
obieslut said:

Yh i do have that enabled. what does it do anyway.

EDITED. Never mind, i have googled it lol

You'll want to keep vsync on anyway.  Without it you could get screen tearing, where with fast movements you might see two halves of a frame at once because your monitor can't refresh as fast.

It'll decrease performance slightly to enable Vsync, and it'll essentially lock down your FPS...but for most games you can get pretty annoying screen tearing without it.   75 fps is excellent anyway...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )