By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN AU Review MGS4 (9.5/10)

MGS cant get a perfect 10 because it has no excellant online elements to provide the extra score needed to reach 10. GTA4 reached it because of the additional awesome online gameplay to the already fantastic single player experience.

but who cares??! the reviews is not going to stop me from buying and enjoying this AAA title :D :D :D

Around the Network

@gengka

i second your sentiments completely

^^^
ًًWho said it doesn't have online? It comes with MGO and you will get more maps after some time.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

What the hell? They rated down the lifespan because they 'only came for the single player?' I didn't see anyone do that when COD4 or GTA4 were reviewed...

CAL4M1TY said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
IGN US review I hope gives MGS 4 a perfect 10 out of 10.
IGN UK = 9.9 out of 10
IGN Au = 9.5 out of 10
IGN US = 9.8, 9.9 or 10.0?

Because I've never seen a 9.9 on IGN US before, I'm going to say they'll give a 9.8 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Around the Network

Graphics: 10 - MGS4 hands a cigarrette and blind fold to everything that comes before it.

That's a great statement.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

"As a nice little added detail, the game even offer 20% off every Wednesday and Sunday in real-world time, based on your PS3's settings. Nice."

That's reminds of TheEnd's boss battle, very cool.

OnT: the only thing I don't understand is why he bothered to include no jumping and sprinting as a con.

Are we gonna get a thread again, "a la GTA4", about how this is the greatest game ever before anyone (except reviewers) have played it? That sucks.

And what's with all these posts I've seen in the past about review scores don't mean anything (especially when the topic is the top 5 on gamerankings) and then getting all excited again at the review scores of new games?

end rant/

But, hey, don't care about the hype, I've got a good feeling for this game and hopefully it will deliver (worshipped 2, 3 not so much, so they're due for this one no?).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Shameless said:
What the hell? They rated down the lifespan because they 'only came for the single player?' I didn't see anyone do that when COD4 or GTA4 were reviewed...

lool,,exactly what the hell was that supose too mean,,,,we came for single player and we don't care it has online component,,,so lasting apeal gets deducted

That's another good review for MGS4.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"