By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN AU Review MGS4 (9.5/10)

akuma587 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Foshoryuken said:
"Evolutionary Metal Gear - and that's a very good thing. There are niggles here and there - it's not perfect - but it's very polished and engrossing."

Niggles? What the hell are Niggles

It's probably some Aussie dialect similar to "foibles" as in "flaws that can be contributed to the nature of the subject."

It means the game has flaws.

This review is an anwser to the 9.9 IGN review it seems, adding that particular line right there has no other explaination. I think it's obvious, but by its designed nature, it is unprovable.

As for the game, I'm sure being obsessed about reviews will eventually bite you in the rear. It's a MGS game. It's perfect to MGS fans. You can't screw up the gameplay, it really isn't as existant as it appears. The story can either suck, like MGS2, or be good like MGS3. I doubt the game will be any better than 3 was though, I just think that because of the hype, reviewers are looking at the game more favorably than they did MGS3. This is a good thing, cause MGS3 is under-rated, and far better than the vastly over-rated MGS2.

Just enjoy it. It's the first official AAA exclusive on the PS3. Is it really necessary that it be the best game ever. Instead, it should be more of an Omen of things to come, or at least that's what fans of PS3 worldwide sales should hope.

Gamers in general should instead hope that MGS4 gets ported to the 360, so as many people can play this awesome game as humanly possible.

However, since fanboys would be eternally owned, if that ever happened, I doubt many PS3 only owners are actually hoping that said circumstance happens.

Isn't it just as selfish for Xbox 360 owners to want the game?

I recognize your sarcasm. So keep in mind my respone isn't directed at you, but instead your point that you so validly made with said sarcasm: 

No, that's just talking points of people who are sick of hearing Wii owners complain about RE5, which they felt entitled to get, which is an entirely valid complaint.

IRL, complaining that a company is leaving you out isn't being selfish. It's not "being" anything. It simply "is."

Looking at things from the point of view of money hungry companies is all too often a common theme on the interent.

Fanboys look at exclusives as punishment for not buying the right console. It's a sad and pathetic view on the world.

...and if whining about people who are whining about developers not porting games to their console could have a photo taken of it, then that photo would go in the dictionary under irony.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Good review. Though the lasting appeal score confuzzled me, given that they completely disregarded MGO,

And this line made me lol...

The lack of a sprint is infuriating, as is the lack of a jump mechanic

^^^
LOL, but Snake is too old to sprint of jump :P

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

The best game of this generation so far is PS3 Exclusive - MGS 4. MGS 4 is getting a lot of great reviews mainly ranging between 9 to 10. Anything below 9 is BS.

yeah baby,thers is good review everywere thats a really good thing

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
The best game of this generation so far is PS3 Exclusive - MGS 4. MGS 4 is getting a lot of great reviews mainly ranging between 9 to 10. Anything below 9 is BS.

Wrong, assuming you're going by reviews.

Unless you are stating your opinion, in which case it can't be right or wrong.

In retort, my opinion is that Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is the best game this generation. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

They should really take MGO into account as well.

IGN US review I hope gives MGS 4 a perfect 10 out of 10.
IGN UK = 9.9 out of 10
IGN Au = 9.5 out of 10
IGN US = 9.8, 9.9 or 10.0?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Wrong, assuming you're going by reviews.

Unless you are stating your opinion, in which case it can't be right or wrong.

In retort, my opinion is that Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is the best game this generation. 

i'd have to agree with rock_on_2008. mgs4 is going to be the best game this generation...in its specific gener of course  :)

but over all? i go with iron man!!! hahahahaha

seriously, everyone should get a hold of that game. after playing iron man, i appreciated all of my other games more :P

Rock_on_2008 said:
IGN US review I hope gives MGS 4 a perfect 10 out of 10.
IGN UK = 9.9 out of 10
IGN Au = 9.5 out of 10
IGN US = 9.8, 9.9 or 10.0?

Because I've never seen a 9.9 on IGN US before, I'm going to say they'll give a 9.8