By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN AU Review MGS4 (9.5/10)

Here you go...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/879/879429p1.html

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network

Overall a solid review.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

"Evolutionary Metal Gear - and that's a very good thing. There are niggles here and there - it's not perfect - but it's very polished and engrossing."

Niggles? What the hell are Niggles

Foshoryuken said:
"Evolutionary Metal Gear - and that's a very good thing. There are niggles here and there - it's not perfect - but it's very polished and engrossing."

lol, it means like insignificant isssues or annoyances.

Foshoryuken said:

It's probably some Aussie dialect similar to "foibles" as in "flaws that can be contributed to the nature of the subject."

It means the game has flaws.

This review is an anwser to the 9.9 IGN review it seems, adding that particular line right there has no other explaination. I think it's obvious, but by its designed nature, it is unprovable.

As for the game, I'm sure being obsessed about reviews will eventually bite you in the rear. It's a MGS game. It's perfect to MGS fans. You can't screw up the gameplay, it really isn't as existant as it appears. The story can either suck, like MGS2, or be good like MGS3. I doubt the game will be any better than 3 was though, I just think that because of the hype, reviewers are looking at the game more favorably than they did MGS3. This is a good thing, cause MGS3 is under-rated, and far better than the vastly over-rated MGS2.

Just enjoy it. It's the first official AAA exclusive on the PS3. Is it really necessary that it be the best game ever. Instead, it should be more of an Omen of things to come, or at least that's what fans of PS3 worldwide sales should hope.

Gamers in general should instead hope that MGS4 gets ported to the 360, so as many people can play this awesome game as humanly possible.

However, since fanboys would be eternally owned, if that ever happened, I doubt many PS3 only owners are actually hoping that said circumstance happens.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Foshoryuken said:

It's probably some Aussie dialect similar to "foibles" as in "flaws that can be contributed to the nature of the subject."

It means the game has flaws.

This review is an anwser to the 9.9 IGN review it seems, adding that particular line right there has no other explaination. I think it's obvious, but by its designed nature, it is unprovable.

As for the game, I'm sure being obsessed about reviews will eventually bite you in the rear. It's a MGS game. It's perfect to MGS fans. You can't screw up the gameplay, it really isn't as existant as it appears. The story can either suck, like MGS2, or be good like MGS3. I doubt the game will be any better than 3 was though, I just think that because of the hype, reviewers are looking at the game more favorably than they did MGS3. This is a good thing, cause MGS3 is under-rated, and far better than the vastly over-rated MGS2.

Just enjoy it. It's the first official AAA exclusive on the PS3. Is it really necessary that it be the best game ever. Instead, it should be more of an Omen of things to come, or at least that's what fans of PS3 worldwide sales should hope.

Gamers in general should instead hope that MGS4 gets ported to the 360, so as many people can play this awesome game as humanly possible.

However, since fanboys would be eternally owned, if that ever happened, I doubt many PS3 only owners are actually hoping that said circumstance happens.

Isn't it just as selfish for Xbox 360 owners to want the game?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:

Isn't it just as selfish for Xbox 360 owners to want the game?

i assume he meant that *all* gamers should hope it gets ported to 360, so that more people can have the opportunity to play this great (as it seems it is so far) game

'Niggle' is a common word in Britain and I assume Australia. It means:

1. a small worry or doubt
2. a trivial objection or complaint

In this context, a 'niggle' is a minor flaw or annoyance that doesn't really matter, but is present; hence the lack of perfect 10 in the Gameplay category.

Most of the faults they note in the story imply an MGS2 experience. "heavy handed" "web of conspiracies" "confusing", etc, I take most of them as enormous compliments and reassurance to those of us that were afraid of an MGS3 like affair.

Yeah, I really dig MGS2's story. Cannot wait!

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova