By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM boycott: no Metal Gear Solid 4 review

I applaud EGM for this move. Konami, or any company for that matter, should never be allowed to influence scores on their game. That would be a slap to journalistic integrity.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
It's a shame that Print is dead in terms of reviews. Or else this might make a big deal.

Not really. EGM is one of the best magazines out there. As a matter of fact, it's the best. I trust EGM more than any website for reviews.

Jinova said:
Benga, I agree with you. I just have no respect for EGM at all. They are the most biased and unreliable piece of media I have ever read in my life. They are like reality TV in my eyes, "fake". Just my opinion, doesnt matter to anyone but me :P

I have to Agree with you. They Are totally biased and disrespectul S.O.B.s.  Most of the team HATES Metal Gear Solid especially that ugly, no-good, S.O.B.: Dan "Shoe" Hsu. like only 2 of them like MGS.  seriously how can Splinter Cell be better than MGS. they're literally MS's b*tches. and are only into FPSs.

superbeast1370 said:
Jinova said:
Benga, I agree with you. I just have no respect for EGM at all. They are the most biased and unreliable piece of media I have ever read in my life. They are like reality TV in my eyes, "fake". Just my opinion, doesnt matter to anyone but me :P

I have to Agree with you. They Are totally biased and disrespectul S.O.B.s. Most of the team HATES Metal Gear Solid especially that ugly, no-good, S.O.B.: Dan "Shoe" Hsu. like only 2 of them like MGS. seriously how can Splinter Cell be better than MGS. they're literally MS's b*tches. and are only into FPSs.

That must be why they gave the first MGS straight 10's, the second straight 9.5's, and the third 9, 9.5, 10.  Yup, they sure do hate Metal Gear Solid, alright.  Especially Dan Hsu, who in his review of the original game stated that "incredible" wasn't a strong enough adjective to describe it, and that it was the first game to which he ever awarded a 10.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
superbeast1370 said:
Jinova said:

I have to Agree with you. They Are totally biased and disrespectul S.O.B.s. Most of the team HATES Metal Gear Solid especially that ugly, no-good, S.O.B.: Dan "Shoe" Hsu. like only 2 of them like MGS. seriously how can Splinter Cell be better than MGS. they're literally MS's b*tches. and are only into FPSs.

That must be why they gave the first MGS straight 10's, the second straight 9.5's, and the third 9, 9.5, 10.  Yup, they sure do hate Metal Gear Solid, alright.  Especially Dan Hsu, who in his review of the original game stated that "incredible" wasn't a strong enough adjective to describe it, and that it was the first game to which he ever awarded a 10.

Ahh hahh hah! Now that is some powerful ownage.  Thank you for laying down the law :D

Around the Network

snap, goosegaws just did some pwnage.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

In case this hasn't been mentioned before, EGM will post the MGS4 review in the August issue (231) out on July 1st. They are not boycotting, they are merely delaying. They just felt that reviewing it while the restrictions are still in place would hurt the quality of the review (for whatever reason(s)).

Preview screen caps be here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=27990

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Sansui said:
GooseGaws said:
superbeast1370 said:
Jinova said:

That must be why they gave the first MGS straight 10's, the second straight 9.5's, and the third 9, 9.5, 10. Yup, they sure do hate Metal Gear Solid, alright. Especially Dan Hsu, who in his review of the original game stated that "incredible" wasn't a strong enough adjective to describe it, and that it was the first game to which he ever awarded a 10.

Ahh hahh hah! Now that is some powerful ownage. Thank you for laying down the law :D

Heh, my pleasure.  In fact, EGM previously had such a good relationship with Konami regarding their MGS coverage that Konami granted them the world-exclusive review of MGS3 before anyone else.  Quite a change from those days now, hey?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
superbeast1370 said:
Jinova said:

http://superbeast1370.justgotowned.com/

f&ck egm, konami can send ME an early copy and i'll review it :)