By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Social Construction of Fanboyism: Part 1, the Problem.

starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
you know, you could have saved all that time and just said

"I don't think my bans were justified, and I'm not a troll" like you always do.

even though your bans are justified, and you clearly are a troll.

i predict you'll last 3 days this time.

Imperial said:
It's somewhat Ironic that the ultimate MS Fanboy is adressing the issue of fanboyism.

Hehe. I bet it really guts you two that a tonne of people got in here before you and agreed with what I said huh?

In any case, people can use these two posts to observe organic systems of social construction in action.

CTRL+F "Agree"...every result is from one of your posts.

Around the Network
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:

Imperial said:
It's somewhat Ironic that the ultimate MS Fanboy is adressing the issue of fanboyism.

Hehe. I bet it really guts you two that a tonne of people got in here before you and agreed with what I said huh?

In any case, people can use these two posts to observe organic systems of social construction in action.

Lol.  Ok buddy.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:

Imperial said:

Lol.  Ok buddy.

Just for the record, I do mostly agree

Gender and Fanboyism aren't really the same. Gender is how society treats the sexes. For example, women traditionally stay home and take care of the kids. This is becuase in the past (and in parts of the world today) Families have many children, and since men are physically stronger and women have breasts, it was/is more efficient for men to go out and do physical labor while women stay home and take care of the babies and children. In modern day society, this is changing as there are smaller families and intelligence is valued more highly than physical prowess.

Being a fanboy is your own opinion, and it can be changed. For example, I used to be a diehard Nintendo fan, but after playing my friends Xbox 360 and buying a PSP, I am able to recognize that all 3 console makers offer good, fun products.

So basically, long held cultural bias does not equal against women does not equate to personal bias against a console. Why? People are fanboys becuase it protects them from ego bruises that there console of choice is getting wooped in the market place, while sexism is largely due to long held biases that are passed down and taught to children. For example, barbie teaches young girls that being beautiful is more important than being smart, which is a holdover from the 20th century...

i think it's a bit ignorant to claim that sony 'fanboys' have a vendetta against you when this site is predominantly nintendo, and the 2 people that have actually banned you probably favour sony the least out of the big 3. people are bitter towards you the same reasons they're bitter to every other raging fanboy on this site; because you're one too.

the fact that you make threads like this claiming sony fans are out to get you doesn't help your defence either.

Around the Network

I am floored that you are defending Dodece's post. His ban was the most deserved I've seen in a while. His post called alot of users illogical and likened myself and others to adults who worship Barney. He directly insulted myself and others, with absolutely no provocation.  What was asked was why GTAIV wasn't selling so fantastically to PS3 owners in NA, and Dodece responded with a post calling PS3 owners, for lack of better wording, retarded.

I'll look into yours, but Dodece's ban was well deserved.

I'm with you Starcraft, i've been wondering why you were even banned in the first place.

On the other hand, there were some ridiculous threads created about how Gears 2 will bomb ( i cant remember who started it) and no evidence was provided by the OP other than that he thinks the footage of Gears 2 looks like Gears 1.

Looking forward to your part 2.

starcraft said:
Lol. I'm hoping it will be taken seriously. It will all depend on whether the site's reasonable posters make it in here before those that wish to continue propagating the social construction of my "fanboyism."

And honestly, how could I make an epic thread without mentioning you?

Completly agree with your post

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DOATS1 said:
i think it's a bit ignorant to claim that sony 'fanboys' have a vendetta against you when this site is predominantly nintendo, and the 2 people that have actually banned you probably favour sony the least out of the big 3. people are bitter towards you the same reasons they're bitter to every other raging fanboy on this site; because you're one too.

the fact that you make threads like this claiming sony fans are out to get you doesn't help your defence either.

I would believe you if every negative 360 post didn't have PS3 fanboys replying with "Where's Starcraft?" and "I wonder how he'll spin this one?"

He's actually called out to reply.. things get out of control and then he gets banned while everyone else gets away with it.

Its absolute BS..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

In all honesty Mr craft has deserved some of the bans given to him but I don't see any adequet justification for his most recent ban.

I've noticed some Nintendo fans who troll to an even greater extent IMO , at least Starcraft actualy justifies and supports his opinions.