By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Social Construction of Fanboyism: Part 1, the Problem.

i'm famous!

hold up , i have to read all this, starcraft come on.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
Munkeh111 said:
You are regarded as the Xbox 360 fanboy, almost a token fanboy, so you are used whenever someone is looking how M$ will spin something. Anyway, ignore rock_on, his threads are plain stupid much of the time

But thats just it. I wasn't labelled an Xbox 360 fanboy until I disagreed with a certain group of PS3 fans.

That lends itself to what I feel is the very real possibility that most fanboyism (if not all) is socially constructed rather than based in any real notion of reality. For example, have you ever seen what happens when I ask a Sony fan to provide links proving whatever ridiculous claim they are making about my posting history?

I would not call you a fanboy, but somehow you have the reputation of being one without doing much

Exactly.  But there are others as well.  Dodoce who I mentioned in my post is seeing the beginnings of a backlash because he has nice things to say about the Xbox 360.  Even the fact that I mention him here could contribute to an idea being "constructed" in the heads of other posters that he is a fanboy.  Even though in reality, he's anything but.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

psrock said:
i'm famous!

hold up , i have to read all this, starcraft come on.
Lol.  I thought you'd appreciate a mention

I can't wait for Part 2: The solution.

I'm expecting another mention.

@DemeisterJ

yeah you will as your a balanced person....a bit biased towards PS3 but you are probably one of the solution type of people

Me n Rock_On on the other hand.....aren't solutions

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Tease.

darthdevidem01 said:
@DemeisterJ

yeah you will as your a balanced person....a bit biased towards PS3 but you are probably one of the solution type of people

You are now famous for all the wrong reasons

the lack of 360 supporters on this site has really put a shine on your presense, good or bad. However, it has given you the power to enlighten us, sir starcraft. I really enjoy readig your post, and frankly you get a bad rap. Keep up the good workand i am happy you are back.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
darthdevidem01 said:
@DemeisterJ

Lol. 

I'm sure I can find a way for you to help turn a problem into a solution.

@starcraft

lol.....lets see how you spin that one....j/k

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey