By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Game Selection = Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose Situation

Gamer4life said:
At least be happy givens its capabilities the developer are using it to the best of its capabilities rather than the crappy PS3 ports we have seen. You pay for what you get in the Wii but in terms of the PS3 that's a different question. I just feel the Wii is already targeting a different market and plus I have seen that the Wii has a higher software attachment than the PS3 so at least games are selling for the console more so than the PS3.
Your sources are incorrect.  The exact opposite is true as stated by Nintendo and Factor 5.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:

Actually the it's looking like the Wii is going to be my most used console ever, even counting SNES and DS. It just has a lot of fantastic games I'm interested in, and it's gaining a more and more 3rd-party support which I'm also interested in.

In addition I kind of lapsed from gaming last gen so I don't mind the ports, RE4 and Okami are both proud additions to my Wii collection.

You should be. Those games are awesome even on their original systems. 

Whoah it's LtNK.  How's it going man?

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

This is what developers do (im looking at you ubisoft!)

1.They develop a half baked game with bugs and such
2. It doesnt sell well
3. They make up a dumbass excuse by saying *the wii doesnt attract the core demographic/ genre*.
4, Then they make a causual game but it doesnt sell well
5. Then they make another excuse saying that only nintendos titles sell.

Andrex said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:

Actually the it's looking like the Wii is going to be my most used console ever, even counting SNES and DS. It just has a lot of fantastic games I'm interested in, and it's gaining a more and more 3rd-party support which I'm also interested in.

In addition I kind of lapsed from gaming last gen so I don't mind the ports, RE4 and Okami are both proud additions to my Wii collection.

Whoah it's LtNK. How's it going man?

Great, I remember you, but not from where. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

to think that the one downfall of Wii would be something that is out of its control, lazy 3rd party devs.

But as a gamer like me who odoesn't really like all the stereotypical shooters and RPG's it's a continous lose situation cause PS3 and 360 aren't a better choice. Guess going to have to move to PC, the last unaffected gaming unit.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:

G4 X-Play Board. 

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Andrex said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Andrex said:

G4 X-Play Board.

How's it going? Sending you a PM, so you can answer there. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
brute said:
conclusion wii owners should only buy good games

That would only help to reinforce the myth that only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems.

Well said RolStoppable.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Gamer4life said:
At least be happy givens its capabilities the developer are using it to the best of its capabilities rather than the crappy PS3 ports we have seen. You pay for what you get in the Wii but in terms of the PS3 that's a different question. I just feel the Wii is already targeting a different market and plus I have seen that the Wii has a higher software attachment than the PS3 so at least games are selling for the console more so than the PS3.

Bullshit. The games in question (not the good games steven787 brought up) would barely push the PS2. So don't you dare pretend developers are using the Wii's full capabilities.

And the PS3 only got a few bad ports, so don't pretend the PS3 has anywhere near this problem.

BINGO! This is what my issue is. I'm all well and good to play what good games that are available right now. But that doesn't change the fact that even teh best 3rd party games still have obvious points in which THEY COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

I'm looking towards the future here. the level of games that are being brought out by 3rd parties are okay... FOR NOW... but it will not be acceptable for developers to continue at this level. They need to IMPROVE, adn the attitude I see from these 3rd party developers does not indicate that improvements will be made any time, not even to mention trying for those improvements any time soon.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

What makes you think developers want to make games that are built for wii strengths?

All of you are saying that developers need to start making great games form the ground up specifically for the wii...however most developers are not interested in taking a step back in technology..

Most devs are moving towards developing a hollywood experience in story and presentation...which wii doesn't measure up to compared to ps360...along side having top notch gameplay.And unless you are throwing rocks at the screen, shooting things or playing some active sport like tennis...Wiimote can't really out do a controller. Compare gamplay between no more heroes (considered a AAA game on the wii) and upcoming ninja gaiden 2...I havent played ninja gaiden yet but I'm pretty sure the difference will be laughable.

Those that have passion towards making games want to be on the cutting edge of technology. Do you really think Kojima would go and try to make a MGS for the wii after he finished one for PS3? He sure would...only to make some quick cash.

All wii is good for in the eyes of 3rd party devs is making money...games are cheap to make, lots of consoles sold...lets pump those mini games...
That seems to be the typical attitude for a 3rd party dev.

Some games may be tailor made for the wii's controlls and are better than ps360 ones (new starwars game or sega tennis for example) and thats great...I will buy those games myself over the ps360 versions. But you people can't force devs to get together in a room and figure out a cool way to center a game around the only strength nintendo wii has...aka the wii mote.