By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Game Selection = Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose Situation

lol, bunch of whingers.

Around the Network

Sherlock99 said:
@DMeisterJ

Stop trolling, it's really annoying.

Trolling!

That wasn't trolling.

In terms of annoying things though, start using punctuation, it's really annoying.

DMeisterJ said:

Sherlock99 said:
@DMeisterJ

Stop trolling, it's really annoying.

Trolling!

That wasn't trolling.

In terms of annoying things though, start using punctuation, it's really annoying.

Ooooh, burn!

I am really annoyed at how poorly the third party devs. are treating the Wii, however, the quality of Nintendo's first party games tend to counteract the shitty games other devs. release.

Never before has a winning console suffered this amount of animosity from game developers and the gaming community in general. So far it's been a very hollow victory for the Wii.

Around the Network

I sort of agree with Shameless. The wii has the least spoils of any victorious console to show for right now, and unless 3rd party support changes big time in the next year (which is looking less likely), it's going to be a wierd kind of victory. Not that Nintendo will consider it a "hollow" victory seeing as how they are the second most valuable company in Japan behind Toyota now thanks to the Wii (and DS). I really don't think they are in the least bit worried about 3rd party support with the truckloads of yen they are making due to their victory.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Original:
Boom Blox
Zack & Wiki
ProEvo Soccer
No More Heroes
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
SSX Blur
DBZ Budokai 2&3
Trauma Center 1&2
Sonic & The Secret Rings
Sega Superstar Tennis
Rayman 1&2
Harvest Moon
Geometry Wars
Elebits/dees
Scarface
Super Monkey Ball
Lego Star Wars

MLB Power Pros
RE:Umbrella Chronicles
MySims
Mecury Meltdown Revolution
Manhunt 2
Super Swing Golf 1&2
Madden
Tiger Woods
Puzzle Quest
DDR Hottest Party
Dewey's Adventure
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Koropina

Ports:
Okami
RE4
Bully
Godfather
Ghost Squad
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Upcoming:

Lego Batman
Lego Indy
Madworld
FF:CC:CB
Little King Story
Blast Works
Top Spin 3
Alone in the Dark
Rock Band
GH IV and Aerosmith
FFF:Chocobo Dongeon
We love golf
We Ski
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Sim City
Samba de Amigo
SW:the Force Unleashed
SW:the Clone Wars
Monster Lab
TC:Hahx
Deadly Creatures
Ghostbusters
Mushroom Men
MySims: Kingdom
Sonic Unleashed
Tales of Symphonia
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Skate it
RRRTV

Monster Hunter III

I am sure I forgot a bunch of games. Not to mention all the VC games, Wii Ware, and of course 1st party games.

If you are truly done with all the games on this list, or don't find ANY of them appealing, then I don't know what to tell you.

(Edit: I know the support isn't as good as 360 or PS3, but there are more games than I will ever be able to play through. Edit2: Oh, and Boom Blox, Elebits, SW:Force Unleashed and Clone Wars, and a few others really make it worth it for me.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

4) Game developers put out a port of a game from different system and make really excellent use of the controls, the game sells well due to people already recognizing the name and seeing quality use of Wii controls
Conclusion - Port any crappy PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PC/N64 game to the Wii and make pure profit

5) Game developers put out a port of a game from a different system and f*** up the controls so the game is nearly unplayable. Game sells badly due to crappy controls
Conclusion - Wii controls are nothing but waggle and most games can't be modified to work with the Wiimote

Ninja Breadman was actually a game from PS2, PS2 actually is the King of Shovelware, most of the crap game don't even get review by the reviewer, however it got a balanc, it is also the King of Best game.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

As long as the first party output remains so good, who cares about third party shit?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Maybe because there seems to be a distinct lack of developers interested in creating their A list games for it.

I find most of the 3rd party PR video releases to be a bit sad because it usually looks like they're attempting to show enthusiasm and hype something that they know full well just isn't supposed to be an industry significant release.

I don't think any dev team for a third party company would be particularly thrilled to be working on a Wii title the way things currently are, where success will simply be measured in terms of being able to crank out a title using limited resources that sells well enough to make a profit.