By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Game Selection = Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose/Lose Situation

Seriously, there's no way to get a break the way things are going, and it's really beginning to irritate me. Right now, there are only 7 different ways things go:

1) Game developers put out a gimped version of a game that is also on PS3 and 360, the game sells poorly because it is gimped
Conclusion - The game didn't sell well because Wii owners aren't interested

2) Game developers put out a game that highlights some of the Wii's main features, but is gimped in other areas compared to the PS3 and 360, the game sells well because people like the advantages the Wii offers enough to put up with the gimped portions
Conclusion - Wii owners will buy it regardless of the gimped portions, so there's no reason to invest development in those areas for further games

3) Game developers put out a game that isn't gimped, makes excellent use of the Wii controls, and then doesn't advertise it worth crap. The game sells poorly because no one has heard of it like they have with Halo3 and GTAIV which have both gotten hyped out the wazoo before their launch
Conclusion - Wii owners aren't interested in games that are at all complicated

4) Game developers put out a port of a game from different system and make really excellent use of the controls, the game sells well due to people already recognizing the name and seeing quality use of Wii controls
Conclusion - Port any crappy PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PC/N64 game to the Wii and make pure profit

5) Game developers put out a port of a game from a different system and f*** up the controls so the game is nearly unplayable. Game sells badly due to crappy controls
Conclusion - Wii controls are nothing but waggle and most games can't be modified to work with the Wiimote

6) Game developers put out crappy under developed games hoping to look like Wii sports, and release at a price roughly half that of other Wii games. It sells well due to it being cheap
Conclusion - Wii owners don't care about quality, so cheap cash-ins are the best way to go. Wait, why isn't "Wii Spits 2" selling as good as out first one?
New Conclusion - Wii owners are a casual market and thus prone to be fickle. Wii is just a fad

7) Nintendo designs a quality game, good controls, decent graphics, actually fun to play, and advertises it properly to its intended audience. The game sells well
Conclusion - Only Nintendo games sell well on the Wii!

EDIT:
8) Wii gamers complain about the quality of games being produced by 3rd parties.

Conclusion - Wii gamers are melodramatic and just shouldn't buy games, or should buy a PS3 or a 360 because they apparently don't have crappy 3rd party games or something
/EDIT 

Seriously, we need someone other than Nintendo to come out with a game that actually is designed from the ground up for the Wii system, make sure it's NOT a chore to play and then ADVERTISE it properly.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

It does seem like there is no hope doesn't it?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Good.

Now that we've clarified that there is no hope, go out and buy a PS3 or 360, and then you'll be fine.

@DMeisterJ

Trooooooooooooll!!!

It's funny how, once Nintendo no longer limits other devs about quality, they take it upon themselves to release the worst games possible (Target Terror, Offroad Extreme: Special Edition) You pretty much explained every situation where the misinformed find the Wii & Nintendo at fault.

We can't compete with Nintendo's 1st party titles, so why bother?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

are Wii fans always this melodramatic?

Seriously, not happy with it? Dont' buy the games, I think people are taking this hobby (gaming) way out of control.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DMeisterJ said:
Good.

Now that we've clarified that there is no hope, go out and buy a PS3 or 360, and then you'll be fine.

I said it seems like it. Why all the snark remarks? 

I already have a 360....... 

6)Makes no sense.How can people who don't care about quality be fickle.

Utter rubbish.

Edit: my mistake I accidentally jumbled the 2 conclusions together.Sorry

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

@DMeisterJ stop trolling its really annoying

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

kingofwale said:
are Wii fans always this melodramatic?

Seriously, not happy with it? Dont' buy the games, I think people are taking this hobby (gaming) way out of control.
/facepalm.jpg

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.