By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will wii sell more then ps2 in japan?

Yes, just look what Monster Hunter is doing in japan and to the psp, AMAZING!!!

imagine what MHF3 can do... 

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:

Almost nothing.

It isn't a surefire success like plenty think. The last two console versions haven't done anything.

It's either going to sell less then 500,000 lifetimes or 2-3 million. Or in a rare case... 4-5+ million if it gets some huge advertising blitz to try and break the American and Europeon markets, like has previously been tried with the Final Fantasy and DQ series with varying success.

It's really a 50-45-5% proposition if you ask me.

It could go either way. 

I dont know ... the Jap market is pretty damn unpredictable latey , and it became extremly handheld oriented :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i think its just a matter of time :)

Dunno

NEITHER FF, nor DQ is on the wii yet

Not even Pokemon....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
pichu_pichu said:

Almost nothing.

It isn't a surefire success like plenty think. The last two console versions haven't done anything.

It's either going to sell less then 500,000 lifetimes or 2-3 million. Or in a rare case... 4-5+ million if it gets some huge advertising blitz to try and break the American and Europeon markets, like has previously been tried with the Final Fantasy and DQ series with varying success.

It's really a 50-45-5% proposition if you ask me.

It could go either way.

I just check the sales for the consoles versions of Monster hunter and your right,

maybe with the popularity will be bigger for monster hunter as time go on, but I can't really tell for sure.

I don't think Nintendo has the guts to make that many Wii consoles. Sony has guts, Nintendo is gutless. Look -- they are sold out in May and they still will not double production. http://www.halflifesource.com/052808/wii...
Nintendo says it is deeply upset that in many cases consumers still can't reliably set hands on a Wii, and the company is considering ramping up production even further to 2.4 million units a month.
The biggest disruptive tech in gaming ever, and they are *considering* boosting production 30%.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

EllensProphet said:
I don't think Nintendo has the guts to make that many Wii consoles. Sony has guts, Nintendo is gutless. Look -- they are sold out in May and they still will not double production. http://www.halflifesource.com/052808/wii...
Nintendo says it is deeply upset that in many cases consumers still can't reliably set hands on a Wii, and the company is considering ramping up production even further to 2.4 million units a month.
The biggest disruptive tech in gaming ever, and they are *considering* boosting production 30%.

Well... The Wii is selling faster than nintendo expected, and increasing production capacity is not easy, and not cheap either. If they invest too much money into production it will just be wasted money.

Besides, after reading a couple of articles on the wii from Halflifesource, I have concluded that the articles are so poorly written that quoting them has no value whatsoever.

As to whether or nto the wii will sell more than the PS2 in japan... Too early to tell, but it will be somewhat close, I think.

This is invisible text!

I concede that, given the last year and half, for Nintendo's wimpy management even considering boosting production 30% is a bit of a miracle. However, the number 2.4 M is something that is not poorly written. Last holiday season Nintendo estimated that it left $1B in sales on the shelf because of product shortages. Four months later, no holiday rush and there are still no Wii in stock! The brand new Wiifit accessory is OOS! Nintendo's response? 1.8M/mo *1.3 to 2.4M/mo. In May, in the middle of the start of a election year recession, they are OOS and they suck it up and boost production 30%???? The Wii is not cutting edge technology. The production problem is related to how inept Nintendo's management is. The biggest problem with the Wii beating the PS2 is Nintendo management.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

No, I don't think it will.