By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will wii sell more then ps2 in japan?

It doesn't look like it to me from that graph. The only thing I see is they do not have the same holiday alignment, so if it does fall under in a few months, it will go back over within a few months later.  In the end, it will be over.

Around the Network

Maybe, they could throw in some MH gameplay in there, too. Then, the Japanese might start buying 2 or even 3 Wiis' per person, out of pure Monster Kingdom Quest love.

NintendoMonopoly said:

Woah! Just stop and think about that. That would be entirely too jap-tastic. If that happens, Nintendo wouldn't have to worry about trying to reach PS2 sales, because they'll be serving more customers than McDonald's.

You just made my day.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

J-Favs said:
NintendoMonopoly said:

Woah! Just stop and think about that. That would be entirely too jap-tastic. If that happens, Nintendo wouldn't have to worry about trying to reach PS2 sales, because they'll be serving more customers than McDonald's.

You just made my day.

That's what I go for and on that note, I'm at my 100 post. Yeah! Now, I'm only semi-noob, or atleast, that's what I tell myself. Not a bad post to hit that milestone on either.

If all the games previously named go to the Wii, hell yeah! :)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:
J-Favs said:
Nah, we need a game that combines both KH3 and DQX.

O wow. The level of awesome that would reach is unimaginable. I'd love to entertain that idea in my head. At the rate the Wii is going, it should outsell the PS2 in Japan. You just need a few more big Japanese releases to make sure of it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

konnichiwa said:
brute said:
konnichiwa said:
^ Lolz, If DQX is on the Wii then we are talking =p.

well its going to DS,i think you might meen DQX

Euhm what?

o sorry my bad for some reason it looked like theyre was a I there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

MH3 is coming for the Wii for a reason.

^yes it is,but im saying it will not be enough for it to outsell ps2,it will need the support that DS is getting

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Tormod said:
MH3 is coming for the Wii for a reason.

I'm curious what will happen when MP3 comes out. Maybe, it will start a trend. Either way, I think the Wii will pass the PS2. If DS passed it this quickly, then I don't see why the Wii wouldn't, eventually.

SaviorX said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
J-Favs said:
Nah, we need a game that combines both KH3 and DQX.

O wow. The level of awesome that would reach is unimaginable. I'd love to entertain that idea in my head. At the rate the Wii is going, it should outsell the PS2 in Japan. You just need a few more big Japanese releases to make sure of it.

Yeah! That might be a good way to cheer up a gamer, when they're down. But not in public, because they would look pretty stupid with the big goofy grin on their face, that that's sure to cause.