By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect Rocks!

Strategyking92 said:
lol, you have too much free time.

No, I just enjoy Mass Effect that much. I'll stop playing it for a couple months and come back to it.

Around the Network

well it is bioware

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I do think the hype overtook it somewhat, which is a shame because I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm a few hours into my second playthrough now.

rasone77 said:
but you can get the 360 version alot cheaper. (I'd still go with PC though looks and plays much much better)

Uh...if by "a lot cheaper" you mean $40, then I'll just let you know Circuit City sold Mass Effect on PC for $40 on day one.

It sells for $50, but that's still not bad, especially since it's improved and has the DLC for free when 360 gamers paid $60 on day one and had to pay for the DLC.

PC games are almost always cheaper than console games, Mass Effect will probably drop to $40 on PC after a couple months, then $30 by the end of the year, whereas it'll probably stay at $40 on 360 for the rest of its life.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Darc Requiem said:
Strategyking92 said:

No, I just enjoy Mass Effect that much. I'll stop playing it for a couple months and come back to it.

so, does that mean you'll 1000/1000 bioshock?

It's also a really good game with a great story.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I can't wait for the second one

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Mass Effect does indeed rock. It's the only game I've "achieved" the full 1000 gamerscore on. Probably the only one I ever will, too.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Strategyking92 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Strategyking92 said:

so, does that mean you'll 1000/1000 bioshock?

It's also a really good game with a great story.

Probably not, I don't have care for Bioshock that much to be honest. I'll try to force myself to finish it but once I do, I'm not touching it again. I did the same thing with Eternal Sonata.

Bioware always put out a good game. Though Baldurs gate 2 is still their best.

BenKenobi88 said:
rasone77 said:
but you can get the 360 version alot cheaper. (I'd still go with PC though looks and plays much much better)

Uh...if by "a lot cheaper" you mean $40, then I'll just let you know Circuit City sold Mass Effect on PC for $40 on day one.

It sells for $50, but that's still not bad, especially since it's improved and has the DLC for free when 360 gamers paid $60 on day one and had to pay for the DLC.

PC games are almost always cheaper than console games, Mass Effect will probably drop to $40 on PC after a couple months, then $30 by the end of the year, whereas it'll probably stay at $40 on 360 for the rest of its life.

Actually you can get Mass Effect for around 25-30 US dollars if you look hard enough. Best Buy had it on sale last week for $30 and Circuit City the week before for $30.  EB games even had used copies for $30 the week after the PC version came out.

I also bought my PC copy for $40 at launch but that was because of the pre-order incentive, its $50 now.