By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect Rocks!

Menago KF said:
Mass Effect was definitely one of the better action rpg games in the last year or so. I thought that i was gonna murder someone, as buying a game in Poland means that on a 90% basis the game will be dubbed in Polish. thankfully someone thought that the Polish version isn't even decent and gave the option to play the game in english.

For a minute i thought that i would go ballistic when i first played the game, the dialogues in Polish were THAT bad...

I agree, I couldn't understand any word of it too.

Around the Network

I was going to buy this for PC until I read about the stupid 3 activations rule. Just saw this posted on Joystiq today that even uninstalls don't give back activations:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/17/psa-mass-effect-pc-still-locked-at-3-activations-uninstalling/

It's a shame really because idiotic copy protection such as this would actually drive paying customers to pirate the game. I don't blame the earlier poster for his comments because if PC was the only available release for this game I would do the exact same. I ended up buying the 360 version a few weeks ago when they had it on sale used for 24.99. If the game came out last year for PC I would have already been through my 3 activations because of a reformat and a hard drive failure in the last 6 months. Also what happens if you have configuration problems and have to reinstall the game before you even play it? Sorry but no matter how big of a fan I am of a studio or how great the game is I would not support a company that restricts there content like this.

Sorry to go off tangent but things like this just hit a nerve. Steam has content distribution down and makes me optimistic for the future of PC gaming. Draconian policies such as these from EA do not.

On Topic: I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I just got into it myself and think it's incredible. Bioware hasn't disappointed me in a release yet.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

It's good... but it's certainly not what it was hyped to be at all. I'll have a full review out within a couple days.