By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect Rocks!

Glad you enjoy the game, I haven't completed it yet but I might start playing it again.

Around the Network

I beat the first play through on the PC version and I have to admit I again think the reviewers went a bit overboard with the hype train, for example I don't think it was "amazing" like Ben does .

It is definitely a good game and in many respects a very good game, but it has some glaring problems as well. For me it was somewhere between a B+ and an A-.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Mass Effect was definitely one of the better action rpg games in the last year or so. I thought that i was gonna murder someone, as buying a game in Poland means that on a 90% basis the game will be dubbed in Polish. thankfully someone thought that the Polish version isn't even decent and gave the option to play the game in english.

For a minute i thought that i would go ballistic when i first played the game, the dialogues in Polish were THAT bad...

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Just finished my first playthrough as a Infiltrator, Paragon route, taking me around 16 hours. I enjoyed it very much, not as much as Ashley did though ;p

Sqrl, what "glaring problems" did you find? o_o

I got it myself a week ago but haven't had time to play it yet! I hear the PC version is even better! I've yet to be let down by a Bioware title, and by all accounts this will not kill the trend...

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:

Sqrl, what "glaring problems" did you find? o_o

A couple of things:

- Texture pop-in is still there, definitely improved but still a problem.

- The side planets looked awful compared to the rest of the game and the "missions" available on them were mind numbingly boring (I stuck to the main story after the first couple).

- There is no explanation of the combat system you're expected to just fiddle with stuff and figure out. A quick tutorial would have been nice. Just knowing what each class type was capable of would have been nice so I would have had some idea what class I really wanted to play.

- When you complete the game it dumps you back into your last save before the boss fight instead of after the boss fight which prevents you from finishing any side quests you might actually want to try. This is especially annoying for people who like to get 100% completion.

- The Benezia fight issues.

Thats off the top of my head at least, and there are a lot of minor gripes as well. As I said I enjoyed the main game, but any time a game has a ridiculous amount of hype heaped upon it your expectations for the game are going to be higher and I really don't think it lived up to that hype very well at all. As a game in its own right its definitely a solid title, it simply doesn't live up to the hype for me.

To Each Man, Responsibility
rasone77 said:
^^^
Not everyone has enough money to upgrade their PC to play it. If his PC ain't at least made with in the last year he's going to get graphics worse than the 360. Not worth it if you ask me.

Also, I see a PS3 port in the future. Bioware is owned by EA now and you know how portcentric they are.

M$ secured the publishing rights for the console version. It was published by M$ and I don't think you would ever, ever see the original ever grace a PS3 in the future. Maybe EA will figure out a way to do it, but based on the fact the game was developed and published at MS game studios ... well ...

EA and MS published the PC version.

So, to play Mass Effect, which is my favorite game next to GTA and Test Drive Unlimited, he's either have to get a full configured PC or a 360. Your choice.

@ Rocketpig - yeah, Benzia's buggy. However, all you have to do is - SPOILER - keep moving around the room to the right. Don't try to hurt her - you weaken her by taking out her underlings. And also, when you replay the game, you can keep all of your stats, upgrades and literally waltz through the game. I had all my junk maxed out, especially charm and intimidation, and it really, really makes it seem like another game altogether.

Seriously, Bioshock coming to the PS3? Though my 2K rep said no, I knew they wanted loot. Mass Effect 1 is forever tied to MS. You'd do better wishing for a Forza game or Halo to hit the PS3 than Mass Effect. Dang, I miss playing it!!!! 

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah I got it for PC, and this game is amazing.

Bioware really knows how to make a good action RPG.

That's pretty much all I had to say.

Haven't tried the PC version - but yeah, the game truly rocks! 

Its my favorite 360 game thus far. I only three achievements left until I have all 46.

lol, you have too much free time.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive